Flashforge Creator Pro Dual Nozzle Selection

Yes, it will be implemented on the cloud also

Hello,
Is it implemented now?
I have installed today (7th Oct '17) AstroPrint and I can’t find in the webUI the setting for the extruder 1 or 2 even if I have set numbers of extruder=2 for the FFCP.

It’s under test right now. Soooooon :wink:

I cant waittttttttttttttttttttttttttt…!!! :heart_eyes:

Its the new year. Just found this system I like it except I cannot use it with my Printer, doesn’t show the Extruder settings. Where is the development on this?

Given you guys were in testing for this stuff in Oct. 2017, where the updates at?

4 months is a really long time in software development…

The updates are part of the software that goes into the AstroBox Touch which has been our focus for the last few months. Once that is out and all the Kickstarter backers receive their units, we will release a version of the standard AstroBox that contains this.

Thanks for your continued patience.

1 Like

Has there been any progress on this. I also have a Flashforge creator pro and I use the left extruder. Need option to use it.

Yes, you can select your extruder by adding

T1

to your start gcode in the astroprint’s printer profile section (under advanced)

Hello,

I’m using a FF Creator Pro, and no matter what I do I can’t get it to use the right-hand extruder. Putting T0 or T1 into the starting gcode has no effect. Any help would be appreciated.

We use the following START and END GCODE in the printer profile to use the left extruder:

START:

; -- START GCODE --
M136 ; start build
M73 P0
G90 ; absolute coordinates
;
; set temperatures and assert Vref
M140 S{print_bed_temperature}
M104 S{print_temperature} T1

;;;G130 X118 Y118 A118 B118 ; set stepper motor Vref to defaults
; let the Z stepper vref stay at eeprom level (probably 40)
;
; home and recall eeprom home position
T1 ; home on the right nozzle
G28 X Y Z ; home all axes at homing speed
G92 X0 Y0 Z0 A0 B0 ; set all coords to 0 for now
G1 Z5 F500 ; move Z 5mm away so we can carefully hit the limit switch
G161 Z F100 ; home Z slowly
M132 X Y Z ; recall stored home offsets for XYZ axes
;
; wait for heat up
G1 X110 Y-72 Z30 F3300 ; move to waiting position
M116 ; wait for temps
;
; purge and wipe
G92 E0 ; set current extruder position as 0 so that E15 below makes sense
G1 X110 Y-70 Z0.2 F2400.0 ; move to just on the bed
G1 X110 Y70 E15 F1200.000 ; extrude a line of filament along the right edge of the bed
G92 E0 ; set E to 0 again because the slicer's next extrusion is relative to this 0
;
; Sliced at: {day} {date} {time}
; Basic settings: Layer height: {layer_height} Walls: {wall_thickness} Fill: {fill_density}
; Print time: {print_time}
; Filament used: {filament_amount}m {filament_weight}g
; Filament cost: {filament_cost}
; -- end of START GCODE --

END:

M73 P100 ; end build progress
M140 S0 ; set bed temperature to 0
M104 S0 T0 ; set extruder temperature to 0
M104 S0 T1 ; set other extruder temperature to 0
G1 Z150 F1100 ; send the build plate to the bottom
T0 ; Next job assumes T0 is the current tool
G28 X Y F2500 ; home X and Y axes
M18 ; disable all stepper motors
M70 P5 (We <3 Making Things!)
M72 P1 ; Play Ta-Da song

Thanks so much, I’ll give that a shot!

Hello,

I’m afraid that didn’t seem to work, the right nozzle is still used. If I change the printer profile to output gcode (otherwise keeping everything that same) and download that, convert it with GPX, then upload the converted .x3g file, it works fine. So I think there may be a problem in the x3g conversion.

I’m afraid that doesn’t work for me either, at present.
It used to work just fine: I was using nearly the exact same gcode for over a year with great results. However it no longer works. Not my original code, and not this code posted here.

This is first time I’ve printed in several weeks. In that time:

• (a) you added the Cura 3 Slicing Engine; and
  • (b) you released AstroBox - v0.16(2);

So I suspect the cause of the problem is one of those.

Thanks!

1 Like

Any news on this?
I’ve been a supporter of AstroPrint for ages (financially too) but the bottom line is that if I cannot use it to print then I have to ditch it. Please don’t make me ditch it!

@Daniel - please, is there a fix yet? Weeks are going by and not a word from AstroPrint.
Have you at least got a fix in the works?
Or if you are planning to drop support for dual-extruder printers, please let us know.

Thank you.

There’s no intention to drop dual extrusion. To the contrary we are increasing it. This error was likely introduced while attempting to fix something in the dial extrusion area.

Unfortunately we have been bogged down by issues with the Cura 3 deploy. This error while I completely agree that it’s annoying to those affected only affects Sailfish-based dual extrusion machines which are a small subset of our users. Coupled with the fact that our FFCP printer has been down due to a broke extruder train which prevents us from doing a quick trial without first using significant time in fixing the HW issue.

Don’t get me wrong this WILL be addressed but at the moment we have other pending issues that affect a greater subset of people.

Thanks for your patience

We have deployed a fix for this. Could you please try and report if it’s working?

2 Likes

I’ve just tested it and it seems to have worked. Thanks for the fix!

1 Like

So do I just copy and paste this in to male a printer profile for each extruder, or do i need to change the temperatures in the gcode every time i want to change them?