Add Ultimaker 2 printer?

Hi-

Just hooking up the Astrobox for the first time. Not really sure how to add the Ultimaker 2 to the cloud portion of the software where it asks to “add printer” since it is not an option. Which printer should I choose that is similar?

Also, for my baud rate on the USB connection I had no idea, so I just selected the fastest one, is this ok?

Thanks-
Ted

Ultimaker is not yet on the system but you can create a custom one and fill in the fields.

250k is recommended if the printer supports it. If you have problems connecting to the printer, you can set it back to 115k

Any idea when Ultimaker 2 will be supported? Can anyone provide sample start and end codes that work? Thanks!!!

I would also love to see this. I am having trouble finding the right start / stop gcodes to similar the built in experience with the UM2. I tried to run a print using astroprint, but it was certainly missing gcode steps.

Here are the start codes I’m using with Cura / Ultimaker 2:

;Basic settings: Layer height: {layer_height} Walls: {wall_thickness} Fill: {fill_density}
;print time: {print_time}
;Filament used: {filament_amount}m {filament_weight}g
;Filament cost: {filament_cost}
G21 ;metric values
G90 ;absolute positioning
M82 ;set extruder to absolute mode
M107 ;start with the fan off
G28 ;Home all
G1 F12000 X5 Y10 ;move hotend to front left
M190 S{print_bed_temperature} ;Uncomment to add your own bed temperature line
M109 S{print_temperature} ;Uncomment to add your own temperature line
;M190 S70 ;add your own bed temperature line
;M109 S245 ;add your own temperature line
G1 Z15.0 F{travel_speed} ;move the platform down 15mm
G92 E0 ;zero the extruded length
G1 F200 E5 ;extrude 5mm of feed stock FAST
G1 F50 E15 ;extrude 15mm of feed stock SLOW
G92 E0 ;zero the extruded length again
G1 F{travel_speed}
;put printing message on LCD screen
M117 Printing…

Here are the end codes:

M104 S0 ;extruder heater off
M140 S0 ;heated bed heater off (if you have it)
G91 ;relative positioning
G1 E-1 F300 ;retract the filament a bit before lifting the nozzle, to release some of the pressure
G1 Z+0.5 E-5 X-20 Y-20 F{travel_speed} ;move Z up a bit and retract filament even more
G28 ;move X/Y to min endstops, so the head is out of the way
M84 ;steppers off
G90 ;absolute positioning
;{profile_string}

Just make sure you change your CURA setup to be a “Reprap” machine, not an Ultimaker.
NOTE: These codes were adapted from the following website:

I just changed it so that the temperature settings are taken from the Cura print settings and not hard-coded into the above Gcode.