will try this tomorrow thanks for the tutorial dude , ill feedback my results
Index : 4 Type : Video Capture Pixel Format: 'H264' (compressed) Name : H.264 Size: Stepwise 32x32 - 2592x1944 with step 2/2
Is it possible to force a resolution? Should a feature request be added to support video resolution ranges?
To get my Raspicam to work (was a fresh install), i had to do following:
Update to the latest Version and reboot
- 5 - Interfacing Options Configure connections to peripherals
- P1 - Camera Enable/Disable connection to the Raspberry Pi Camera
Thanks for that. For some reason it must have been disabled because this fixed it. A bit weird as I built an identical cam and pi3 with Octoprint and it worked without needing to do that. I am trying Astro as Octoprint constantly looses comms with my CR10.
The OctoPi image might enable raspicam by default. We don’t because only a small portion of our users use it and enabling it reduces the amount of RAM memory available to the software.
Hi I was wondering if this has beed solved already? Im having the same problem, not possible to change to the highest res with pi cam v2.
I have Raspberry pi B+ with raspicam and the video streaming was working since Astrobox version 0.9(x) but the recent updates broke it.
After some debugging it appears the janus gateway is crashing with Segmentation fault and the web interface would display Unable to start the WebRTC system and you are left with a janus zombie process.
So I end up recompile my own janus gateway and now my video streaming is working even better than before. I am currently running Astrobox 0.12(5)
an easy way to check is to run command ‘ps -ef | grep janus’ and see if you have an zombie janus process with the AstroBox python as it’s parent after you fail to stream video.
I followed this guide to compile janus 0.2.6
Here is my steps to fix this.
$ sudo aptitude install libmicrohttpd-dev libjansson-dev libnice-dev libssl-dev libsrtp-dev libsofia-sip-ua-dev libglib2.0-dev libopus-dev libogg-dev libini-config-dev libcollection-dev pkg-config gengetopt libtool automake dh-autoreconf
$ sudo aptiude install lua5.3-dev libsrtp2-dev
$ tar zxvf v0.2.6.tar.gz
$ cd janus-gateway-0.2.6
$ sh autogen.sh
$ ./configure --disable-websockets --disable-data-channels --disable-rabbitmq --disable-docs --prefix=/opt/janus
$ sudo make install
$ sudo make configs
Next is to back up /usr/bin/janus, /etc/astrobox/janus/janus.cfg /etc/astrobox/janus/janus.cfg.local
$ sudo mv /usr/bin/janus /usr/bin/janus.org
$ sudo ln -s /opt/janus/bin/janus /usr/bin/
update the janus.cfg and janus.cfg.local to point plugins_folder, transports_folder and events_folder to /opt/janus/lib/janus folders respectively
un-comment log_to_file (as the logging is not disabled for this compile).
When I run the janus directly, there is no more Segmentation fault. and my video stream is working after rebooting the raspberry pi.
Did this work for the video stream through the Android app? I was able to get the video stream working through the web interface in Chrome but still doesn’t work via the mobile app.
I have not tried Android app but streaming for the monitor in my astroprint cloud account is still broken. So I assuming there is something wrong with the stun server function still.
By the way, it turns out the root cause of my issue is that the current available janus package from the astroprint repository (0.2.5-1) simple crash on my Raspberry Pi B+. It actually did not have anything to do with astroprint software. and even when I tried to downgrade, I could not found a different version janus package on astroprint repository that used to work.
Also, STUN server required use of websockets transport, but this was disabled from my initial compile so that’s why the remote monitor function does not work.
I tried to build again from the previous build directory by running
$ sudo apt update
$ sudo apt install libcurl4-openssl-dev libwebsockets-dev cmake
$ make clean
$./configure --disable-data-channels --disable-rabbitmq --disable-docs --prefix=/opt/janus
$ sudo make install
and now the remote monitor is also working.
P.S. when you upgrade astroprint software. it would also overwrite the janus.cfg and janus.cfg.local in /etc/astrobox/janus/ and break this fix. Make a copy of the working janus.cfg and janus.cfg.local and put it back. The only changes I had to make is the make sure the plugins_folder, transports_folder and events_folder are point to the right locations where you compiled and not the system ones (i.e. /opt/janus/lib/janus)
This fix the problem for me too.