[SOLVED] Loosing ~5% size in printsize

This problem is limited to Sailfish printers. I don’t believe the TAZ runs sailfish…

1 Like

Hi Daniel,

I was just wondering if this issue is still actual in v8.4.
I just noticed that all my prints are coning out to small.
Is there a way to offset this somehow?
If yes how?
Will there be fix soon?

@dssp:

This issue has not been fixed in v0.8(4) unfortunately. Daniel is certainly working on it though.

He may be able to give you a better estimate as far as when to expect a fix…etc…

Thanks Dilanka, hope you guys can fix this soon.

1 Like

The fix for this is not on the AstroBox software. The problem is on the cloud slicer. More specifically, the GCODE to x3g converter. It only affects a small number of models which used stepper motors that deviated from the Markerbots. This doesn’t really help you if yours is one of them…

Any x3g file that you upload straight to the AstroBox should not have this problem

Hey Daniel, glad to to see that this issue is being addressed! Wondered why my PI would not fit into my mount… Anyways, I really love the software that you guys have made. It’s beautiful and works a charm, now if I could just use your cloud slicer I would be in paradise. ; ) Thanks for all the hard-work so far! Also, I use a Flashforge Creator Dual on Sailfish 7.7, not a Pro.

PS. I am a server developer (Java, etc…), so if I could be of any use in the future I would be willing!

Also, as a note I believe inserting the following into your start gcode may fix the issue until they fix the GPX profile on the server, but I am not 100% sure. I tested it on a 10mm cube and it appeared to work, but I need to test something larger to really know. (Remove quotes) “M92 X94.139704 Y94.139704 Z400 E96.275201870333662468889989185642 ; Set correct steps per mm”. The steps per mm were pulled from the machine XML definition for the Flashforge Creator Dual, which should be the same as the Replicator 1 Dual. It updates all of the axis and extruder steps. I will test again and post back.

Edit: This does not work. I printed a 100X10X2mm rectangle and it did not work. Still losing ~6% in the X&Y. Sorry!

Thanks to @Dan_Newman for the tip! We have now added a steps/mm field in the printer profile screen and fixed the relevant printers with the right values.

Please remove the printers from you printer profiles section and reimport your printer to get the latest values.

This should now be fixed!

Great! Thanks Daniel! We appreciate you getting to this issue. I’ll try it out and let you know how it goes!

1 Like

@Daniel The fix may or may not solve the size issue, but, atleast in my case, my printer is now printing off to the far right, off the bed. My guess would be that something else was changed in the GPX profile, or that you guys just re-added the stock Replicator profile and it caused Cura to do some weird things during slicing. I had the same issue with OctoPrint a while back, so I just went back to S3D.

@KrazyKoder: This is an issue that we just found out about (caused by a recent code push)…

@Daniel and @Josh are working on this problem as we speak! :slight_smile:

1 Like

@dilanka Great to hear you guys caught this already! Looking forward to an update, and hopefully an ETA to test it out. : )

1 Like

All done now. Don’t change the slicer to slic3r though yet. You would also need to remove the printer and re-add from the list

1 Like

@Daniel @Josh @dilanka Thanks for the quick fix! All now seems to be in order. I didn’t have time to test the print size via digital caliper earlier, but I did compare it to a replica I printed off via S3D yesterday and it appeared to line up perfectly. I will of course print off a sized model and check tomorrow anyways. ; ) Thanks again guys. Love the software.

2 Likes

Dan - I realise this is an old post, but I had to set up an account on Astroprint simply to state the obvious: You’re a bloody GENIUS!!! Thanks for saving me further headaches, setting a profile of Rep2 for my CreatorX was a momentary lapse of reason after a full reinstall of my CAD box after years of it just rolling along - thus forgetting the original settings. Thanks again Chief, much obliged!

//L

2 Likes

Yes, he is underrated :wink:

#SpanishFly

@dilanka, @Leif_Beaton is praising Dan Newman a major force behind Sailfish.

But thank you !

1 Like

@Daniel: Yeah, and I am praising YOU :wink:

1 Like