Any news on new updates or features?

Do we have a rough idea of when new updates/features will be added? I would personally like to be able to adjust z height (M212) once I connect to the laptop to do so I find myself just printing from Cura. I just wanna feel like I’m getting my moneys worth;)

We need a feature that allows you to see the terminal window so you can issue commands.

You mean where we input Gcode? If so I agree, like the Ponterface in Cura

yes through the console so we can do things like turn off lights or increase print speed etc…
Another idea would be to impliment the ability to add buttons to the interface for custom commands.
:slight_smile:

YES! I have been trying to find out how people turn the printers on and off through the Raspi. Thats a feature I could really use. Even if its just the ability to shut everything down once the prints down, Remotely of course.

3 Likes

We’re getting back to AstroBox development soon. We’ve making big upgrades to the astroprint.com site as you have probably noticed.

I have not, unfortunately as i stated it was becoming tedious to calibrate in cure then switch. I love astroprint and can’t wait to see where it goes. What are these new upgrades you speak of? I would like to check them out.

Thanks Daniel.

2 Likes

Sharing of designs and print directly from AstroPrint.com have been released recently. Previous ones here https://blog.astroprint.com. A few others are still in the works

I didn’t even realize It was new, but its a great feature. Keep up the good work Daniel.

It wold be nice if you actually could use it to do correct prints :wink:

A GCODE console app is now part of the newly released 0.8(1) software for the AstroBox. Please update your boxes :smile:

Very cool!

Just updated one of my boxes. Where can we use the gcode console app? I can’t seem to find it in the dashboard :blush:

Make sure your box is connected to a GCODE printer and you printer profile has the GCODE driver selected. This app does not work for non-GCODE based printers such as Makerbots and other sailfish powered printers