Astrobox Connected to Internet but Cannot Login to Settings

Hi all,

For whatever reason my Astrobox would not connect through my ethernet nor create a hotspot so I decided to re-flash it. After what I would deem a successful re-flash, I am having trouble getting to the settings page for my Astrobox.

I have HDMI plugged in, it all appears to boot fine, and I get to a terminal page with 'root@astrobox-4215: ~#

I can ping different addresses so the Astrobox is definitely connected to the internet but for whatever reason I cannot access the settings page on my browser. When I remove the ethernet cable the hotspot comes up as it should but I am experiencing the same problem with the ethernet, I cannot get into the settings page.

I have tried a ifconfig and have identified that my eth0: 200.200.0.148
Subsequently with the hotspot the address is: 10.10.0.1

I also tried http://astrobox.local & http://astrobox-4215.local, nothing works.

I have nothing plugged into the pcduino other then HDMI, and a wireless keyboard and mouse.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Which version of the pcduino ? And what images did you flash ?

I was one of the original Kickstarter backers, so I believe I have pcduino v2. I flashed the images from pcduino v2 located in the download section of Astroprint (Feb 11, 2015 Kernel & Dec 27, 2016 Rom).

Before reflash the Astroprint was working, the only thing I did when it stopped working was I plugged in a USB 2.0 5 pin Micro-B to USB Mini-B 5 pin cable that I just made so I can use the USB 2.0 type A connector on the pcduino for my webcam to watch the print. After that the wifi didn’t work nor did the hotspot.

Can you send a photo ? The Kickstarter has v2 and v3

See attached images:

Ok that’s a v2. Can you run

sudo status astrobox

Sorry for the late reply, didn’t see the response. I ran the command and got:
Astrobox/start/running, process 863

That means the software is running properly. If you have an Ethernet cable connected the hotspot won’t be active as the device finds a connection to the internet. This is similar to what’s described here: https://astroprint.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/202735855-I-can-t-reach-my-AstroBox-after-rebooting-it

Get the IP address of eth0 and go to http://ipaddress using a device on the same network to access the astrobox web UI

I’ve tried over and over to get to the web GUI but when I type the ip address either the connection times out or I get bad gateway. Same thing happens when I disconnect the Ethernet and try using the hotspot. I can ping the IP address on a different device and get a response and can ping from the astrobox to a device on my network and get a response, just no web GUI.

Is there any other test I can try? I have tried reflashing a few times, to no avail.

Can you try this?

sudo restart haproxy

When I type that command I get restart: Unknown Job: haproxy

That’s likely it then. Try:

sudo service haproxy start

Typing that command gives me, failed service already started.

This is what happens when type on my phone. Try this:

/var/log/astrobox/astrobox.log

Typing in that command gives me: Permission Denied

I was wondering if a login had something to do with it because the terminal screen reads at the top: astrbox-xxxx login: mountall: Disconnected from Plymouth

The line was the location of the file. Not an actual command. The command would be:

sudo cat /var/log/astrobox/astrobox.log

Just to be sure, having a memory card plugged in has nothing to do with this issue, correct?

As expected a bunch of info came out of this command, see attached:

There’s nothing wrong with that output except for the date. Maybe try to reset the date, reboot and try again:

sudo stop astrobox
sudo date --set='2017-04-11'
sudo start astrobox

Oddly enough, after stopping the astrobox, changing the date and starting it again, the astrobox finally let me login to the GUI.

Could it really have been just the date, that would have caused me to not log in? That seems so miniscule and odd.

Nevertheless I really appreciate all the help, thank you so much.

This is a common problem. I might have misunderstood the problem from the get go. I thought you couldn’t see any UI at all. Having the date wrong would affect the validity of SSL certificates which will not allow to communicate with our servers.

If you upgrade the software, this problem should not re-occur.