- Is a premium touchscreen (not free)
- Runs our own software natively on the Pi (not open source)
- Is Plug and Play right out of the box (great for non-techies)
- Works symbiotically with the AstroPrint ecosystem (including AstroPrint Desktop and Mobile)
- Lets you access your dashboard on a screen as well as install apps etc.
- Doesn't require an extra WiFi dongle like the Gateway
- Looks cool
That's the general gist of it.
The AstroBox Gateway will always be a free and open source entry point while the Touch is a premium touchscreen that runs fully custom built software that runs natively.
Re: The Touch, if you'd like a more visual overview of the Touch, feel free to watch our Kickstarter Video.
It does a great job with the Touch's value.
Hope that clears things up a bit more