Astrobox suddenly stopped showing up online?

Pi 3 astrobox has suddenly stopped working for me. Its not showing up in my monitor tab, and when i check my connected devices on my router its not there. The lights on the box and the wifi module are blinking like its alive but somethings is clearly jacked. About to re burn the image on the sd card and see if that fixes it. If not any other ideas?

@Jonathan_Jelkin: Weird.

Since the dongle is blinking, do you see a Astrobox hotspot in your wifi networks?

Try to access the local Astrobox and send us the logs (for diagnostics) before you re-flash anything.

Hey you saved me a reflash! Yes it was broadcasting its name on its own wifi network. I signed on and was able to enter my network name and password again and now it seems to be workign again. I dunno why it randomly forgot my network info? I just sent the log to ya. Thanks!

1 Like

Awesome! From what I understand, @Daniel has already patched this for the next update…

I am not entirely sure, but the fix will essentially re-try connecting to the local WiFi network (after a drop off) for MUCH longer…

Still not sure about the cause for the disconnect though :thinking:

Yes this an area of work in the next release. The current system forgets a WiFi network when it can no longer connect to it. This was designed for the case when the WiFI password changes but we have seen that sometimes in low coverage or extended network outage situations this can cause the network to get deleted for no reason. So we’re reworking this area.

1 Like

I am having the same problem.
When will this new version come?