Astroprint Desktop for chromebooks?

I recently switched over to chromebook (pixelbook) and got rid of my windows machine. I have the astrobox that I built using a raspberry pi. Everything works great, no issues connecting to my printer or printing from the cloud. What I am needing is to be able to position my prints on the bed, rotate, scale…basically everything Astroprint desktop can do. I am wondering when you are going to come out with Astrobox Desktop for chomebooks (Android).

1 Like

Thanks for the request @Matt_Nigbur, we are going to do this as we get other things off our plate.

Thank you for the reply, I cant wait. Also I had a question, when I choose support for a project (I do it quite a bit), no matter if I choose lines or grid, it prints a grid. It makes it very difficult to remove, and I have wasted a lot of prints that the support either did not remove, or ruined the project in the process. Why does it do this?I am using the cura slicer, I have tried the slic3r program, but my printer goes crazy and prints nothing like the model. I went back to curs, prints perfect except the support.

Hi @Matt_Nigbur, is that problem in the cloud? Which is your printer profile? custom or ones of the list ones?

Yes from the cloud as that is my only option, I use a chromebook. I am using a Lulzbot mini with the Cura slicer, the mini is a supported printer, and the Cura slicer is from your list, not custom

I just tested this and it works for me. Here are two pictures of the first few layers of the same object selecting different support. Even though lines and grid might look similar, they are different. The slicer does recognize the setting.

Lines:

Grid:

1 Like