Astroprint plug-in for Octoprint

I’m having an issue with the Astroprint plug in for Octoprint. I have the plugin showing in my setting in my Astroprint dashboard. When I tap on monitor, it’s shoing as offline. My octoprint set up is able to see the internet and get updates and all. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the report. Looking into this

Daniel,

Has their been any traction on figuring out what the issue is? I just moved to a new 16gb class 10 micro sd card for my raspberry. I did a fresh download and clean install of everything. I am still having this issue.

Thanks,
William

Not yet, we also don’t have any other reports. It’s likely a network issue, likely you network is blocking the WebSocket connecting from being established. Are you able to briefly test on a different network type, perhaps using your phone as a hotspot?

Also you can look in the OctoPrint logs and find the log for the astroprint plugin. There might be some useful information there.

Daniel,

Here is a few lines that I was able to find in the Octoprint.log file.
2018-01-13 20:11:18,217 - octoprint.plugins.astroprint - INFO - William logged to AstroPrint
2018-01-13 20:11:21,449 - octoprint.server.util.sockjs - INFO - New connection from client: 192.168.1.131
2018-01-13 20:11:23,264 - octoprint.plugins.astroprint - WARNING - Authentication timeout.

What are the ports that Astroprint needs to have open? I haven’t set anything up on my router to block traffic.

The port is 443 (For WSS Secure Websocket). Your ISP might have.

Ok I’m having an issue with the astroprint plugin . It worked now it won’t load at all just stays at the loading screen and the app say printer not plucked in as I I’m printing thru octo pi I know it work any help please

Daniel,

I did some digging, The port was being blocked by DD-WRT on my router, not my ISP. I set the IP address of my PI to be in a DMZ and that seems to have fixed the issue. Thanks for your help :slight_smile:

Thanks for the info @William1. Did it block the 443 port for everything? or just for the WebSocket protocol? It seems weird that port 443 would be block as that is the same port needed to access regular https webpages.

The best I can tell, it was just blocking the WebSocket. I can use HTTPS on a regular basis and haven’t had any problems.

Hello I am having a similar problem I guess.

This is my log file from octoprint. The plugin does not start.

2018-03-14 17:08:47,147 - octoprint.plugin.core - ERROR - Error loading plugin astroprint
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/home/pi/oprint/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/OctoPrint-1.3.6-py2.7.egg/octoprint/plugin/core.py”, line 732, in _import_plugin
instance = imp.load_module(key, f, filename, description)
File “/home/pi/oprint/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/octoprint_astroprint/init.py”, line 9, in
from .AstroprintCloud import AstroprintCloud
File “/home/pi/oprint/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/octoprint_astroprint/AstroprintCloud.py”, line 12, in
from .downloadmanager import DownloadManager
File “/home/pi/oprint/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/octoprint_astroprint/downloadmanager/init.py”, line 10, in
from octoprint_astroprint.AstroprintDB import AstroprintPrintFile
File “/home/pi/oprint/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/octoprint_astroprint/init.py”, line 9, in
File “/home/pi/oprint/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/octoprint_astroprint/AstroprintCloud.py”, line 13, in
from .boxrouter import boxrouterManager
File “/home/pi/oprint/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/octoprint_astroprint/boxrouter/init.py”, line 22, in
from ws4py.client.threadedclient import WebSocketClient
ImportError: cannot import name WebSocketClient
2018-03-14 17:08:47,752 - octoprint.plugin.core - INFO - Found 18 plugin(s) providing 18 mixin implementations, 16 hook handlers
2018-03-14 17:08:48,105 - octoprint.server - INFO - Intermediary server started
2018-03-14 17:08:48,106 - octoprint.plugin.core - INFO - Loading plugins from /home/pi/oprint/lib/python2.7/site-packages/OctoPrint-1.3.6-py2.7.egg/octoprint/plugins, /home/pi/.octoprint/plugins and installed plugin packages…
2018-03-14 17:08:48,632 - octoprint.plugin.core - ERROR - Error loading plugin astroprint
File “/home/pi/oprint/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/OctoPrint-1.3.6-py2.7.egg/octoprint/plugin/core.py”, line 732, in _import_plugin
File “/home/pi/oprint/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/octoprint_astroprint/AstroprintCloud.py”, line 12, in
File “/home/pi/oprint/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/octoprint_astroprint/downloadmanager/init.py”, line 10, in
File “/home/pi/oprint/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/octoprint_astroprint/AstroprintCloud.py”, line 13, in
from .boxrouter import boxrouterManager
File “/home/pi/oprint/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/octoprint_astroprint/boxrouter/init.py”, line 22, in
from ws4py.client.threadedclient import WebSocketClient
ImportError: cannot import name WebSocketClient

Thank you best Regards,

The ws4py package has not installed. Try to install it manually:

pip install ws4py==0.3.4

Thank you Daniel
I did that, but then I could not login to OctoPrint.

So everything got worst that I had to do a fresh instal of octopi.

Thank you

Best Regards,

Is the plugin working after the re-install?

Yeah it looks that there is not trouble.
I will let you know if something happens.

1 Like

It happened again.

warnings.warn('No PKG-INFO found for package: %s' % self.package_name)

2018-03-16 21:27:44,357 - octoprint.plugin.core - ERROR - Error loading plugin astroprint
  File "/home/pi/oprint/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/OctoPrint-1.3.6-py2.7.egg/octoprint/plugin/core.py", line 732, in _import_plugin
  File "/home/pi/oprint/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/octoprint_astroprint/__init__.py", line 9, in <module>
  File "/home/pi/oprint/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/octoprint_astroprint/AstroprintCloud.py", line 12, in <module>
  File "/home/pi/oprint/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/octoprint_astroprint/downloadmanager/__init__.py", line 10, in <module>
  File "/home/pi/oprint/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/octoprint_astroprint/__init__.py", line 25, in <module>
    from .cameramanager import cameraManager
  File "/home/pi/oprint/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/octoprint_astroprint/cameramanager/__init__.py", line 9, in <module>
    from PIL import Image
  File "/home/pi/oprint/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/PIL/Image.py", line 66, in <module>
    from PIL import _imaging as core
ImportError: /home/pi/oprint/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/PIL/_imaging.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
2018-03-16 21:27:44,412 - py.warnings - WARNING - /home/pi/oprint/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/OctoPrint-1.3.6-py2.7.egg/octoprint/plugin/core.py:1538: UserWarning: No PKG-INFO found for package: octoprint_telegram
  warnings.warn('No PKG-INFO found for package: %s' % self.package_name)

2018-03-16 21:27:44,433 - octoprint.plugin.core - ERROR - Error loading plugin telegram
  File "/home/pi/oprint/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/OctoPrint-1.3.6-py2.7.egg/octoprint/plugin/core.py", line 732, in _import_plugin
  File "/home/pi/oprint/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/octoprint_telegram/__init__.py", line 2, in <module>
    from PIL import Image
  File "/home/pi/oprint/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/PIL/Image.py", line 66, in <module>
ImportError: /home/pi/oprint/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/PIL/_imaging.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
2018-03-16 21:27:44,463 - octoprint.plugin.core - INFO - Found 9 plugin(s) providing 8 mixin implementations, 5 hook handlers
2018-03-16 21:27:44,776 - octoprint.server - INFO - Intermediary server started
2018-03-16 21:27:44,794 - octoprint.plugin.core - INFO - Loading plugins from /home/pi/oprint/lib/python2.7/site-packages/OctoPrint-1.3.6-py2.7.egg/octoprint/plugins, /home/pi/.octoprint/plugins and installed plugin packages...
2018-03-16 21:27:45,579 - octoprint.plugin.core - ERROR - Error loading plugin astroprint
  File "/home/pi/oprint/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/octoprint_astroprint/__init__.py", line 9, in <module>
  File "/home/pi/oprint/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/octoprint_astroprint/AstroprintCloud.py", line 12, in <module>
  File "/home/pi/oprint/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/octoprint_astroprint/downloadmanager/__init__.py", line 10, in <module>
  File "/home/pi/oprint/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/octoprint_astroprint/__init__.py", line 25, in <module>
    from .cameramanager import cameraManager
  File "/home/pi/oprint/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/octoprint_astroprint/cameramanager/__init__.py", line 9, in <module>
    from PIL import Image
2018-03-16 21:27:45,645 - octoprint.plugin.core - ERROR - Error loading plugin telegram
  File "/home/pi/oprint/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/octoprint_telegram/__init__.py", line 2, in <module>
    from PIL import Image
2018-03-16 21:27:45,653 - octoprint.plugin.core - INFO - Found 9 plugin(s) providing 8 mixin implementations, 5 hook handlers
2018-03-16 21:27:45,739 - octoprint.filemanager.storage - INFO - Initializing the file metadata for /home/pi/.octoprint/uploads...
2018-03-16 21:27:45,744 - octoprint.filemanager.storage - INFO - ... file metadata for /home/pi/.octoprint/uploads initialized successfully.
2018-03-16 21:27:45,979 - octoprint.plugins.softwareupdate - INFO - Loaded version cache from disk
2018-03-16 21:27:52,264 - octoprint.util.pip - INFO - Using "/home/pi/oprint/bin/python -m pip" as command to invoke pip
2018-03-16 21:27:58,335 - octoprint.util.pip - INFO - Version of pip is 9.0.1
2018-03-16 21:27:58,342 - octoprint.plugin.core - INFO - Initialized 8 plugin implementation(s)
2018-03-16 21:27:58,358 - octoprint.plugin.core - INFO - 9 plugin(s) registered with the system:

This time your don’t have the PIL library. What environment are you installing this on? We have 1000s of Octoprint users using this plugin without problems.

I am using an Octopi image with a Raspberry Pi 2.
From the official website https://octoprint.org/download/

I am using Octopi 0.14

I also checked this after it stoped working but nothing happend.

Thank you.

Screenshot from 2018-03-17 09-06-02

Look at this Daniel, this people have similar problems with Octopi 0.14

Best Regards,