AstroPrint says no printers but I have two

I have AstroPrint Cloud account with two Rasperry Pi’s with Octoprint on each, with each connected to a single printer. ( A Prusa Mk3S and a Mini). But AstroPrint now says they are no longer connected.
When I first set them up if I got onto AstroPrint I could access both. They have been set up and worked and I could view the camera output Remotely ( as still images not video :frowning: but I understand that’s as good as I can get at present).

I mainly use them for just monitoring the prints remotely. I had an issue with print quality through AstroPrint and since I also lose the print recovery features in the Prusa I have disconnected the printers from raspberry Pi’s. But the cameras remain connected and functional.
They were all still working fine and I monitored them remotely till a couple of days ago.
However yesterday when I logged onto AstroPrint cloud it says a no longer have any printers attached. By “printers“ I took it to mean raspberry Pi’s with Octoprint on them either. When I am on my home network I can access the Octoprint And the AstroPrint so I confident the network is working.

So for some reason AstroPrint now can’t access the network remotely or maybe it can but it can’t access the raspberry pi’s and the octoprint instance.

Any advice on why this has happened and how to fix it.

You probably have to re-login to AstroPrint in the plugin tab. Also look in the octoprint logs for any AstroPrint entries to get some clues as to what caused it to disconnect

Had this happen to me yesterday. AstroCloud claimed it couldn’t see any of my two RPis. I tried a few things and ended up shutting down the RPis and rebooting them, which appears to have solved the problem.

I also had a 30 min print job on my Prusa Mk3S last 3 hours because every few seconds the printer would just stop and sit there for 10, 20 seconds before resuming. And obviously, the print was a disaster, with oozing filament producing oodles of artifacts. Again, rebooting seems to have it fixed.

Had an issue the other day on my OctoPi where AstroPrint Cloud was no longer able to connect to/control/monitor my printer (still worked on the LAN and OctoPrint could retrieve designs tho.) Tried logging out, rebooting, all that.

Solution ended up being regenerating my access key.

@Rainer_Fuchs, There was some service interruption yesterday on the service that keeps controllers (AstroBox and OctoPrint). This might have caused the “no printers” issues. The print job failure is likely due to something else, the AstroBox is designed to print with no connection as the entire GCODE is downloaded the machine prior to job start.

After the server was rebooted and fixed, the boxes should have reconnected automatically on their own schedule.