C-270 camera not showing video

Hello all,

I recently upgraded to the latest version of Astroprint for PI. I am having problems with my video stream working. Is this a known issue with the newer version? Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t.

Raspberry PI 3
logitech c-270
creality cr-10

Hi

I also have a similar problem of camera not working (I install my own raspberry pi3 with the Astro box software). I then ssh into the raspberry pi 3 in Putty, and I accessed the configuration menu (Sudo raspi-config) and set the raspberry pi to enable camera (I thought the Astro box already enables the camera but in my case it does not). The camera works consistently after that

I hope it helps!

What browser do you use, for me it did’nt work with Internet Explorer 11 but it works with Google Chrome.

Grtz Ronald

I have the same issue. When I choose to Take a Photo, The pic shows but when I try to stream, it doesn’t work. I did enable the camera in rapi-config on the raspberry. any ideas?

Exact same on s7edge. Video used to work fine!
Now I can only take photos.
Is this again down to hosting? Can we not host elsewhere? I’d bloody pay to have this fixed on hosting that isn’t so unstable it’s a nightmare. I’ve used this for ages video worked fine on phone now just stills. The app is useless without even a video option! Just a photo icon.

@William_MOORE, Are you talking about the new mobile app or the web interface?

Note there’s nothing wrong with the hosting. Video is working for many people on many platforms. Not that this is any comfort to you since it doesn’t work on your setup but just letting you know that we are constantly monitoring our servers and they’re not the problem.

Also I feel that is a little strong to say the app is “useless” without video… People do many other things with the app than just watch their camera feeds. Like, start/stop prints, see which printers are online, check % complete, time remaining, browse for designs on thingiverse, etc.

Yes the app. No option for video? Yes you can do many things. But surely the main reason most use Astro is to monitor prints at least? If it’s not the hosting Christ knows why it simply won’t do video anymore. Last time we spoke you said about the compatibility being iffy.

Also didn’t there used to be a restart/reboot option in power menu? If the cam crashes for some reason I can’t remotely reboot to fix. Even to shut down I have to open browser… log in if not already… go to monitor… open popup in order to see power menu… Then only option is shut down. Can you even shut down Astro from the app??

I’m not randomly posting i just want to be able to occasionally see vid of print going fine as I used to which now just locks up on the spinning rocket or reboot if it crashes.

The mobile app was just released a few weeks back and has never had video. It’s something that we will add in a future version. The mobile website for both the astrobox and the cloud does support video via WebRTC. If your phone doesn’t support it, it might be because something changed that broke it. OS update, Chrome update, etc.

We test with a few cameras on Chome, Firefox in Mac, Windows, iOS and Android and everything is working fine. We can’t test every individual’s setup so we put out guidelines like this instead: https://astroprint.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/209139946-Browser-support-for-AstroBox-Live-Streaming

I understand that you can be frustrated because your individual needs are not promptly being addressed but know that we do our best keeping the needs of all our users in mind. Every user has different needs and we have limited resources so we do our best to see what most people want (which might not be the same you need) and address problems in that order as our resources permit.