Camera stops working after "launching" astrobox from website

Ok, so…i have a Pi2 and Rocksoul 1080p camera for Astroprint. They’ve been running great together, until they weren’t. The camera suddenly stopped being detected, but only AFTER i launch the Astrobox from the Astroprint website. When I first log into the website, I can see the camera output fine in the Monitor mode (likewise, the camera works fine when I plug it into a laptop directly). However, when I “launch” my Astrobox and connect to it directly, all I get is a grey box were the camera output usually is, and i do not have the still/movie, record and timelapse buttons on the bottom of the box.

it doesn’t matter how many times i reboot or re-stab the USB from the camera…it won’t show up in direct mode (and thus i can’t monitor it remotely, or initiate captures).

help me Obi Wan, you’re my only hope.

Try to help I shall :slight_smile:

Could you send us logs? You can do that from the advanced settings section of the AstroBox UI

apologies, but i can’t seem to find that feature in the UI

logs are loaded on the Astrobox not the AstroPrint web interface…

So either log directly to astrobox or go to it via the Astroprint dashboard and click monitor then choose your astrobox and click camera/controls then Launch Astrobox.

From there you should see the astrobox local web page…at the bottom of the page is a little gear icon for settings…click that.

you will get the setting screen…at the bottom left under Software is the Advanced button…

Clicking Advanced will ‘Finally’ take you to place to send or clear the logs.

1 Like

thanks, Darren. Logs sent.

The logs show some memory problems. Have you installed any software on top of the astrobox that might be consuming memory?

2017-04-13 17:26:59,579 - astroprint.camera.v4l2.gstreamer.process.pipelines.h264 - ERROR - gstreamer error: gst-resource-error-quark: Could not read from resource. (9)
--- More Info: ---
gstv4l2bufferpool.c(995): gst_v4l2_buffer_pool_poll (): /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstV4l2Src:video_source:
poll error 1: Success (0)
------------------
2017-04-13 17:26:59,581 - astroprint.camera.v4l2.gstreamer.process.pipelines.h264 - ERROR - gstreamer error: gst-resource-error-quark: Failed to allocate a buffer (14)
--- More Info: ---
gstv4l2src.c(749): gst_v4l2src_create (): /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstV4l2Src:video_source
------------------

no. it’s a purpose-built Pi running the standard AstroBox image and nothing else. it’s worked fine up until now.

so…no advice? Should I just rebuild the pi?

You can try that. I don’t have any other ideas really :frowning: