Chrome Browser - camera support

Since updating to the latest version if I use the chrome browser on my PC or Chromebook I can monitor my prints via the webcam without problems.

However the chrome browser on my phone (Galaxy S7edge) will not monitor video only stills. On the video i get the monkey. This is the same weather im using local or via cloud.

Any ideas as to what my be occuring. This only started to be an issue after i updated.

Thanks
Damian

Some android phones don’t support h.264 webrtc vídeo. You can try switching to VP8 in the AstroBox camera settings.

Also due to network conditions the video might take longer to appear on mobile. He monkey image means the connection has been established and the device is waiting for video data. How long have you waited ?

I’ll give it a try. Has there been a change in codec used since the update as the video was fine before.

I’ll wait for this print run to finsih and have a look at the settings

How long have you waited

Sorry missed this - I waited quite a while. Longer than i used to wait.

Ok. I think this may be a bug. If i go back to 10.8 the fault goes away.

The video works fine on my S5 an S7 using 10.8 but only happens with 10.9

The camera is a ps eye

While side effects of bug fixes are possible. I don’t see anything that would immediately point to that kind of error in the changes that were introduced between 0.10(8) and 0.10(9).

Because you don’t get camera error, the error is not in the camera system but instead seems caused by the WebRTC connection which carries the video from the box to the browser. If you re-flashed (instead of just upgrade via settings), it could be that some system component is causing this. The new 0.10(9) image contains a new raspbian release as well.

When you upgrade via settings, only the AstroBox software is upgraded.

Ok - i;ve been playing with this most of today. It looks like the issue is with the version of Chrome. I’ve just installed the mobile version of firefox and all is good.

My mobile version of chrome is 61.0.3163.98

1 Like