Does video work on mobile devices?

when i stream the video on my computer it works fine, but when i try on my phone it doesn’t work. i looked through the form but the only answer i found was that apple has not implemented webRTC for safari on ios devices. however it does’t work on mine and i have an lg g4. is there a way to fix this or is it just not available for any mobile devices yet?

Live video streaming is not very well supported on mobile devices due to webrtc support. This will change with time.

Check out this article: https://astroprint.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/209139946-Browser-support-for-Live-Streaming

That link does not provide any indication that Chrome on Android shouldn’t work. I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and am running android 6.0.1 and Chrome 55.0.2883.91. Should streaming be working on this phone or not? I am not able to stream on this setup.

You’re right. I updated the article. Basically you would need to change the video encoding to VP8 in the astrobox settings to be able to see it in Android.

Believe me, we’re also frustrated by the WebRTC support on mobile. Things are getting better though and we’re confident that the technology that we chose is the future.

1 Like

Thanks for the clarification. I tried to update the video settings via astroprint.com, but I don’t see an option under settings. Maybe this setting can only be changed through a local connection to the AstroBox?

Correct, note what I wrote in the previous post

Thanks! I will give that a try.

Although you can change that, you won’t be able to unless you are connected to the linked Wi-Fi. I downloaded Firefox browser for my phone and the video worked without the need of changing settings. You may want to add this to that article

1 Like

I changed the setting and it works like a champ! Thanks!

1 Like

You can fix this bug by following steps:
Back up all data on the internal memory.
Turn off the device.
Press and hold the Power and Volume down buttons on the back of the device.
When the LG logo appears, quickly release and then re-hold the Power button while continuing to hold the Volume down button.
If still issue exits then check LG G4 Manual for help.