Dual Extruder Temperatures

I would firstly like to complement you on the Makerbot/Sailfish implementation. It works very well overall and have tested STL and X3G prints.

I have been testing on a Wanhao Duplicator 4S Dual Extruder with stock firmware, not sailfish and have noticed a couple of issues. 0.6(1)

I have configured this as a 2 extruder printer but I only see one extruder temperature (T0). This means if I run a print from from the left extruder, T1 the temperature I see is the incorrect extruder and only changes by a few degrees due to the bed and TO, therefore I get the display Heating Up all through the print as it never reaches the specified temp but I am able to monitor this.

I have uploaded an X3G when this happens, also I note that it displays Layer x of (blank) and I also cannot see an estimated time but the timelapse does show a percentage.

Good work guys.

1 Like

As a work around to get out of the “heating” status you can slight the right extruder temperature up from 0 to the actual temperature and the status will change to “printing” and show you the current layer, % completed etc.

1 Like

I’m new to this and have the same issue with my CTC printer. I set the program to 2 extruders and I only get T0 the right extruder temp. How do you get the T1 extruder temp to read or has anyone figured this out? My heated bed plate works.

Same here, I recently installed AstroBox on my Pi2 with a Wanhao Duplicator 4.
I use Simplify3D as a slicer, there is no issue to print with T0 (left extruder), but I cannot see the current temperature of T0.
Ideally, the temperature monitoring would show both extruders during the print and in the “printer control” area.

1 Like

Same here, any idea how to get T1 to show on the control screen?

1 Like

It is not yet possible

This didn’t work for me. It actually raised the right extruder temp.

So for now it looks like its printing ok even though its not reporting properly on astroprint.

Coming from using OctoPrint with my FFCP, I am very impressed with AstroPrint. Great work!

However, I am very surprised that I cant see the temperature of my second (left) extruder. This seems like some pretty basic functionality…

Is this on the roadmap?

Yes, we’re testing a redesign of the printing and monitor screens that includes this. We had previously only focused in single extruder use cases.

Our twitter account https://twitter.com/astroprint3D had some images of the upcoming redesign

Checked out the twitter page…

Not sure I love the gauge look but probably it will grow on me. I’d request similar fan speed boxes and override buttons and I’d like a current Z height in addition to layer just to save my feeble brain from having to multiply.

Thanks @Daniel. Looks good. I am looking forward to the update!

1 Like