Dual Extruder Zeepro Zim (Marlin based) not reporting temperature correctly

Hey guys, trying to get my my dual extruder Zeepro Zim setup on an AstroBox. It is not reporting temperature correctly. You can see in the attached screenshot…

…that the nozzle temp is set to 190C twice and the temp only rises a couple degrees on screen. It does heat up the nozzle above 60C because the extruder cooling fan kicks on at this level and I do hear the fan turn on. Is there a more advanced way I can troubleshooting this? I’ve had similar issues with OctoPrint and was able to figure it out because I could monitor these logs myself.

This is the Marlin based firmware that’s running on my machine, and the specific fixes that were needed for OctoPrint.
https://github.com/jpodius/marlin-zeepro/commit/0d38724105002147ecd5841e83d977e2d0c27e16
and
https://github.com/jpodius/marlin-zeepro/commit/2bf855c3604384af1a0a7fde3876b4681b10e80c

I have been using OctoPrint for a while now and it works, but I backed you guys on Kickstarter and wanted to give setting it up a go on my day off :smile: The initial setup worked great. Now I’m just trying to get my hooks into all of the places I need to make it work correctly.

Also after trying to set nozzle #2, the temp slider stays up at 190C this time but the temperature still reports incorrectly… never higher than 30C.

I can also shut them off and that seems to work.

I sent 2 sets of logs, one after the screen recording, and one after trying to adjust nozzle #2.

After reading a few more posts with similar issues, I tried setting my printer profile up as 1 extruder and the temperature is reporting correctly now. It’s a bit slow to update, but does work :wink: I can deal with that for now… (read below, this is not a good work around) and it is very important to reliably know what temperature your nozzles are sitting at.

Sorry for all the replies, but I’m taking back what I said about it being a work around :slight_smile:

If I set it up as 1 extruder, it seems to be using Tool 0 which is the right extruder in my machine. However, I’ve removed the T0 nozzle to make my machine behave as a single extruder for the time being. I’ve found that not having that extra nozzle dragging around helps to avoid ripping prints off the bed accidentally. Anyhoo, T1 is my left nozzle and the one that I currently have set up and calibrated to extrude filament. I don’t suppose there is a work around for dual extruders at this point, other than manually swapping which nozzle I’m using?

In Repetier firmware the is a way to set the current nozzle…so the machine acts like it is a single setup but the current one is the one it uses…this is done from the LCD menu…not sure is that feature in Marlin. You then set astroprint config as a single extruder and it just always uses the specified extruder…I am not sure but I think the printer will default to extruder 0 at power on so you have to set it each time you power cycle…I just leave my printer on most of the time so this is workable for me…