Frequently short stops during print results in blobs

Hi,

i have a Fabrikator 2 mini printer and facing ugly blobs in my prings due to frequently short stops right during printing.
Half a second or sometimes longer the nozzle just stops during movement, then it remains the line and finish the layer.
Sometimes i have stops every couple of seconds without any visible reason.
This is no layer switch or so, it is right during the print of a circle or whatever…nozzel stops, take a brake or so which ends up in this ugly blobs all over the print.
It is definitly no retraction issue because there is no retraction in the middle of a prining line. I guess it is kind of waiting for data or too much data?
I have Astrobox installed on my Pi and my printer is connected to it via USB Cable, is there a way of getting the stops away?

Any ideas if it is an:
#) slicer issue?
#) Astrobox issue?
#) Pi performance issue?
…?

KR
Daniel

Check this article out. A lot of the advice here could apply to your situation also: https://astroprint.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001797403-Why-does-my-printer-disconnect-in-the-middle-of-a-print-

sorry to say, but its not the cable or any of the points in this link.
I guess it must relay on low performance of pi,or does have astrobox problem with simplify3d generated gcodes?
Definitly the circles are the problem, if i print a pipe then i have blobs all over the part…

Which Rapsberry Pi are you using?

sorry for late answer…i have a raspberry pi3.
passive copper cooler installed

The raspberry pi 3 does not have any problems in the tests we have run. I’m still thinking it’s communication hipcups, frequent error correction, etc. How can you be sure it’s not the cable?

I have similar issues with circles etc. It actually seems to be newish since I got my APT and I use slic3r. But maybe I never noticed it before. Watching the buffer display on the printer seems to indicate the printer is data starved in the places it seems to stumble and blob a bit. I need to try same cables and Gcode from my pc and same Goode from the flash media to verify it is the ABT. could be some interaction with the printer firmware and usb intefacing too. I suspect each firmware and slicer handle those small curved moves a bit differently.