GCode files not heating extruder

Hi All,

I’ve been trying to print from a few GCode files, all sliced in Cura desktop, but having no success. After upload when I tell AstroBoc to print file, the extruder will not heat up. The bed heats fine, but the extruder doesnt move. Code below. Any suggestions?

;FLAVOR:Marlin
;TIME:18403
;Filament used: 4.27594m
;Layer height: 0.1
;Generated with Cura_SteamEngine 2.7.0
M190 S62
M104 S205
M109 S205
G28 ;Home
G1 Z15.0 F6000 ;Move the platform down 15mm
;Prime the extruder
G92 E0
G1 F200 E3
G92 E0
;LAYER_COUNT:424
;LAYER:0
M107
G0 F3600 X170.263 Y176.78 Z0.2

What is your printer? I don’t see anything wrong with the GCODE. Perhaps the problem is in the communication? you might want to try enabling serial logs from advanced settings in the astrobox and see if you can see some comms problem. Here are some pointers on that:

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your reply.

I’m running a CR10s4.

I was writing the gcode via Cura, and didnt know that the extruder wont heat until the bed completes heating. That answers the initial question. However, after the bed had heated all the way and heating the extruder began, the AstroBox lost USB connection to the printer. I replicated this error several times, but havent found a permanent solution to the issue. My workaround was to preheat the extruder and bed via the onboard printer controls, then send the gcode file via the AstroBox.

If you have any suggestions for the lost connection they would be appreciated.

We would need to take a look at the serial logs. In the previous post there are instructions on how to get to them