How to change what happens after you cancel a print

Hey there,

I was just wondering if there is a way to change what happens when you press the cancel button, at the moment it just raises the head a few mm above the print but would be nice to get it to go higher, any way of doing this?

Cheers!

If you go to the web UI of your Astrobox, you can change the cancel command under printer profile

Hummm looks like there is only start commands and end commands that I can input, I’m assuming the end commands will work for the cancel print?

No, you’re probably looking at the settings on astroprint.com. The cancel commands is on your astrobox’s Web UI Settings.

Ah I see it now! What could be an example of what one would type you think?

Hmmm… I was unaware of this feature.

After finishing a print I have my printer go back to X-Y home (not Z). I need a new bed as mine is currently bowed, so I’ve been having high failure rates with my initial layer. I would probably set my cancel instructions based on this. For example, I would probably have the nozzle move slightly out of the way to clean it, but even better would be to set the temperature just below the plastics melting point. This usually makes it easier to clean in these cases and keeps it ready for a reprint or the next print (I’ve also set my End GCode to keep the extruder at a ready temperature because of this).