How to choose Slic3r for Sailfish based printer

Hi, my printer is Mbot Grid2+, and it’s firmware is Sailfish7.7. When I use cloud slicers to slice my models, the default sclier is Cura, but I want to use Slic3r. I don’t know how to set slicer options. If I choose gcode as print file format, I can see the slicing software and gcode flavor, but if I choose x3g, both of them disappear.

I tried the following steps, it’s still useless.
Step1:I set gcode and Slic3r as my default parameters, and saved a Slic3r custom settings.
Step2:Changed print file format to x3g.
Step3:I choose my custom Slic3r settings, actually the model is still sclied by Cura.
Step4:If I choose default options (Draft, Normal or Best), click “Advanced Slicer Setting”, the setting dialog is Cura.
Step5:When I choose custom Slic3r settings and click “Advanced Slicer Setting”, he setting dialog is Slic3r, but if I click “Slice” in the left corner, it will display an error message like the one bellow.

I do not believe Slic3r supports x3g.

Thus whenever you chiose x3g as your desired format you can only use Cura.

This seems a limitation of Slic3r. AstroPrint is just trying to make it easy on you (and confusing you) by choosing the only cloud slicer that can work with the format you specify.

1 Like

Yeh, I’ve been told that the x3g converter has problems with slic3r generated GCode, so it’s disabled for x3g machines.

It’s really a pity, because I’m good at Slic3r and I like it.