How to disconnect printer from command line without stoping Astrobox

Hello,
Does anyone know a command line reference for Astrobox?

I need a command that allows me to disconnect the printer without having to stop Astrobox.

Regards and Thanks

This isn’t possible right now but if you simply unplug the USB cable out of the AstroBox, the system will handle it properly

Hello Daniel,
That’s the problem, I don’t want to disconnect physically the printer. I have other software installed on my raspberry-pi that needs to connect to the serial device, but I need to release it from Astrobox.

Thank you very much for your reply.

Regards

You can kill the astrobox process with:

sudo service astrobox stop

Harg! I dont want to kill it also.

I’m thinking of replacing the config.yaml file without the serial section and restart astrobox to release the interface and whenever I want to use Astrobox I put back the config file with the connection settings and restart (all this with a shell script, of course). Do you thing it will work?

Regards

It might but it’s also very cumbersome. I’m going to add an API to disconnect. I think other people might need it too. It won’t be available until the next version, you can use your suggested option for now.

https://github.com/AstroPrint/AstroBox/issues/276

Great Daniel, thank you once more for your attention and quickly reply.

I’ll give a try and provide feedback. Any idea when will be available the new version?

Congrats for the excellent product. Just pledge a small contribution.

Regards

Thanks for the pledge to our Kickstarter :slight_smile:

we’re collecting a few more fixes and then we need to do internal testing before release but I would think a couple of weeks or so.

1 Like

Great!

Daniel, the kickstart refers that I can have access to the desktop and mobile versions of astroprint. How can I get those? Cant find a download link.

Regards

Yes, please read the updates on the Kickstater. #2 explains the process