Long term stabillity issue

Hi,

AstroBox v0.10(5) has been a great progress in CTC Bizer Dual and camera support. Meanwhile I upgraded to 0.10(6) and got camera issues again, sometimes the stream can not be established.

But ths thread is about a long term stabillity issue present in 0.10(5) already. Sometimes I do not use the printer for some days and it gets disconnected from the mains by a RC-plug. The printer USB cable is connected. The AstroBox itself remains switched on. After about 4 to 5 days I can not connect to the AstroBox again via WiFi. There is also no hotspot visible. Because the Raspberry Pi is mounted in a case without local connections the only way to reset it is a power cycle (not the best thing to do on a Linux OS)

Hardware:
Raspberry Pi 2
16GB class10 SD-card
Edimax EW-7612UAn Wireless-LAN USB-Adapter
Logitech B525 - HD Webcam
5V 2A power supply

I think there may be a memory leak which causes the Raspberry Pi to stop running. Are you aware of this? Is there anything i can do the help debugging this issue?

Just as a data point my astrobox stays connected and powered on for weeks or months without issue. One thing is even if my printer is ‘off’ its main board stays on as long as the astrobox is on.

Same hardware as you but different camera.

And I too had a camera issue after 10(6) update. Unplugging it and re-plugging solved it for me. Didn’t even have to power cycle or reboot except for the normal restart after update.