Minor issue (screen updates) in latest ABT update

I have not seen this before but sometimes when I hit print using the astrobox-Touch from the local web page (accessed from my Mac using safari) I get a quick spin like it Is going to start but then I am returned to the file manager screen…the ABT then seems to loose sync with the printer which has actually begun to heat up etc.

Clicking around eventually gets me to a screen saying I can either pause the print or takes me to the actual in progress print screen.

On a side note I continue to see the case where the Pi/Touch screen fails to update at some point and freezes mid print…I this kinda feels similar…Ike the underlying astrobox code is getting out of sync with the Touch and Web interfaces. The onscreen touch should be hard connected to the print driver as they run on the same system and I have moved to a full wired connection for my ABT so it can’t be the wifi…

Thanks for pushing your platform forward…need to check out some of the new features I see when I get the chance…:slight_smile:

Darren

We have some code in testing for the next release that aims to reinforce the communication layer between the UI and the underlying AstroBox service. This will hopefully solve the issues you’re seeing with UI being out-of-sync.

just updated to the latest greatest…I will let you know

Well sadly still having the out of sync issues…it is maybe a bit better now, in that while the ABT sometimes does show the print completed…next print I kick off via the computer doesn’t reset the ABT screen but continues to show print completed screen but filament usage continues to rise as the print proceeds. I have also now had my first failure to complete the print since the latest upgrades…I think the ABT just stalled…but this is the first time I have had that happen, usually just the interface freezes…

FWIW: I changed power supplies for the ABT to see if that would help but pretty much no change and I think the supplies I have are plenty good (2.5A and 3A) as they will actually power up the printer and its display if the printer main power issue off but ABT is connected and powered…once main power comes on I presume the printer electronics are powered from there as they will power up with no USB connection too…

Hi @Darren_DeVecchio, we have more improvements in the internal comms channel that should further stabilized this. Perhaps you can change to the Beta update channel in software advanced settings (in the web ui) and try them out.

We’re still testing some of this before releasing it to everybody.

I’ve switched to the Beta distribution in the ABT advanced settings…could not find it on the ‘web ui’ but I guess you meant the ABT web ui, not the astroprint ui…which by the way is all kinda confusing…I think there needs to be some name or other clearer delineation between the Boxes and the Web services…
At any rate I will give the Beta a try and let you know.

Thanks @Darren_DeVecchio, we’re planning to release a new beta release this week.

just to update this…things have improved somewhat but even with all the most recent beta code base I still have the ABT out of sync with the printer and or the web/computer.

if it helps this seems to happen almost 100% if I start a print from the ABT then allow it to finish then start another printer using the local web interface on the ABT from my computer…computer and ABT are hard wired to network…what will happen is that the ABT will never display the second job as printing…it will however sometimes continue to show filament being extruded going up even while it has the print complete screen displayed for the first project or sometimes the mid-print screen for the first job depending where it stopped updating. This in itself it not a huge problem but maybe it points to the syncing issue…perhaps the code that keeps the ABT screen up to date needs some sort of periodic or triggered by motion refresh code to keep it reflecting the commands issued from the web interface and the underlying printer drivers…it seems odd it would ‘see’ the filament being used but not ‘realize’ that it is printing and not idle. it must be getting some updates just not all.

This is now solved. It will appear in the next release.