Network Problems with latest image on Raspberry Pi 1

I have been using Astroprint for years and loving it. Now all of a sudden my raspberry pi 1 with dongle that has always works just stopped showing up on the network. So I figured the image got corrupted. I redownload the software and still nothing. I downloaded it again on a new pi with a new dongle that I know worked in the past and still nothing. Any ideas?

Not sure @Ethan_Steckmann, I would recommend that you connect using cable and send us logs so we can see what’s going on. I haven’t heard this before and the image has been out for a while. Admittedly no very many people use the RPi 1.

When you say a cable do you mean an Ethernet cable? Because I have tried that and it does not correct to the network that way either.

Is there any way to download and test and order version?

Did you flash the image with Etcher? if so, did you use the verify option?

I did use Etcher and it passed verification.

Ok, then I recommend getting in with a monitor and run the following commands:

sudo nmcli con
ifconfig
iwconfig

I plugged in a monitor and when it asks for the user name I type “pi” enter and it just freezes up.

It should ask for the password. If it doesn’t there’s a bigger problem. Broken Pi, corrupted SD Card, perhaps

I did that and it says

Lo no wireless extensions

Eth0 no wireless extensions

In that case your WiFi USB dongle is either broken or not being recognized.

Well I switched over to Octoprint and it is working perfectly on WiFi. The Astroprint plugin is not nearly as good so hopeful its a software bug that can be fixed. Thanks for all the quick responses!

@Ethan_Steckmann, how did you configure your network with OctoPrint?

I edited the text file.

Have you tried this method to setup your AstroBox? https://astroprint.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/207866186-Can-I-configure-the-Raspberry-Pi-network-myself-