New Design Library

Like the new design library…I have a couple questions/comments/requests

I can see my library has gotten quite cluttered…is there a way to move and more important delete
multiple files…I have tried what I thought was the obvious ways to select multiples but so far no luck.

Would it be possible/reasonable to add a file upload type? Specifically I would like to be able to upload text files or more precisely, openscad files to my projects so that I could keep the the design source files with the STL files and the various g-code files all in one place…I realize that in some cases source files are not practical for upload but being text files openscad files are pretty small…usually less than the G-Code, so just adding the .scad file type might be reasonable and prevent uploads of other more massive file types.

And in the vein of users are never satisfied … I know ‘traditionally’ ‘designs’ are pretty much STL files which are then associated with G-Code and that makes sense, however I would almost prefer either another level of abstraction where a ‘design’ contained an STL and a Source File and some number of G-Code files…really it probably isn’t another level but rather a change in how a design is called (get rid of the .stl) and then a drop down or a indented line for the source file while the g-code files are shown in a list like now…there would need to be a way to upload the stl and source file mentioned above and a way to download the source similar to how the STL is downloaded now.

Thanks for the Updates…I really do appreciate all the hard work…
Darren

P.S. not to be greedy but I would also love it if G-code was synced back from the AstoBox to the web…this would make uploading G-code to the web from third part slicers that support direct octoprint uploads to get gcode to the web for storage and filling much easier…right now I click from slicer to upload to the astrobox and start a print…with the new Design manager I think I would have to save the gcode to my local computer, go to the web the upload the gcode then if desired print it this is assuming the G-code is associated with some previously created ‘design/STL’…maybe a column for external G-Codes that sorta mirrored what is stored on the AB card that could then be associated with designs or projects and copied up to the cloud design library…I know I can still do it the way I have been but that method is not nicely integrated with the nice new cloud design library as I would like.

1 Like

Thanks for your feedback. We’ll be taking it into account as we push the product further