New model failing at 2% when trying to start print

Yet another astrobox/print problem. Just uploaded a new model. When i go to print it stops at 2%. I tried deleting the model and group. Renaming the model and reuploading. Same problem. I tried uploading a different model, that also fails. If I go start one of the files thats already been printed before it prints fine. Only the new file fails.

This is very likely due to network issues between your astrobox and the cloud.

The progress bar is actually set to start at 2%, and is not entirely indicative of the actual progress.

Generally, re-attempting the same print works for me though…

I tried multiple times over multiple hours. Perhaps something is wrong with the astroprint cloud… like last time? What was it, a date issue?

Correct. Presuming you have updated to v0.9(3)that problem should no longer be an issue.

What version are you running?

You are the first case today as far as not being able to connect to the cloud and, @Daniel has not mentioned any abnormal behavior on our end…:confused:

Therefore, It is highly unlikely that the problem is on our end.

We have no problems on the cloud at the moment. Please send logs and we’ll take a look

“Therefore, It is highly unlikely that the problem is on our end.”

Debatable. Every time I have tried to update your software it has failed. It gets all the way through configuring says restarting, then says failed. So i’m still on .9(2) because I dont know how else to update.

Plenty of people have updated to 0.9(3). I can also take a look at your logs for this problem if you’d like.

A lot of times the problem is the local network or extra packages that the user installs on top of our release. And some times we uncover a problem with our software as well.

In any case, we’d love to help you as much as we can :slight_smile:

Had the same problem when I was on v 0.8 … couldn’t get a new model to upload beyond the 2% mark. Not sure how much you use your printer, but I had to do some housekeeping of my files. I deleted some older models from my Astrobox that I no longer needed or used. After the purge, I was then able to upload and print a new model. Now, I make it a habit to clean out older models every six months or so. Not saying this is the problem, but your issue is identical to what I experienced … might be worth a try … that is, if you have an abundance of models on your Astrobox …