No connection WI FI

No connection. No “astrobox-XXXX”. Is it possible that the d-Link DWA-131/E1A adapter does not fit? How to fix it?

Correct.

That adapter is unlikely to be compatible.

We recommend this EDIMAX dongle.

Also, try following these directions.

Not sure why you thought that dongle is compatible because we’ve never even mentioned it anywhere. :thinking:

In addition you can also setup your box with an ethernet cable and our desktop app. Follow these instructions:

• Plugin in an ethernet cable to the box.
  • Install AstroPrint Desktop and run it on a computer on the same network.
  • Open the app and to go to “Apps” (Top menu) -> “Printers”

This will locate your box on the network and allow you to launch into its web ui. You can then follow the wizard steps to get the box on your WiFi and disconnect the cable.

The problem is that it is impossible to buy this model (EDIMAX) in Russia, because they disappeared in stores 2 years ago. To order somewhere so long to wait. Is there any way to install the driver from DWA-131/E1A?

This manual does not describe how to connect using a cable. How to know ip address?
Best regards, Leonid.

1 Like

:slight_smile: I just responded at the same time as you with instructions on how to setup with ethernet.

1 Like

:slightly_smiling_face:
Daniel-Thanks!

1 Like

Hello! I set-up using the Hotspot. I cannot get the Astrobox to connect to my Apple Time Capsule wifi. The Wifi is using WPA 2 Personal for security. I connected the Astrobox to my ethernet and it shows up fine. I am able to complete the set-up. I locate my WIFI and connected to my wifi in the Astrobox interface. No errors. I shut down Astrobox take it to garage to hook up to printer and it doesn’t connect wifi?

I got this issue resolved. For some reason it took the Astrobox a while top hold my Wifi password?