No internet connection. Was working great

Something strange has happened to my Astrobox. It was working just fine a couple days ago. I turn on the printer and I can’t get to the Astrobox. I reboot it and still nothing. I connect it to a monitor and notice it’s not pulling a DHCP address. I use this box on a wired connection instead of wifi. I go into the interfaces and find that eth0 is not even listed. I add it and set it to DHCP. Reboot and now it pulls DHCP. The same address it had before. So now I can get to the box via ip, it sees the printer but does not see that it is connected to the Internet. I decide to tell it to reinstall he latest update. That works just fine so it is on the Internet. The Astrobox for some reason isn’t seeing the eth0 as an active connection. I try to go Internet under settings and it is blank and doesn’t give me any info. the symbols in the top right corner he first one indicates Internet connection it is grayed out and the symbol is a wifi symbol. The other two are green indicating there is communication.

Matt

So wait, even though you aren’t seeing anything under SETTINGS -> INTERNET, the AstroBox is connected to the internet/your cloud account? :confused:

Something random to try out: Try going to SETTINGS -> INTERNET via a Incognito browser and if anything changes.

Here’s what I see from my phone. I’m using chrome in incognito mode.

Matt

When I go to Astroprint.com and click on monitor it tells me there are no connected astroboxes. Yet I can go to the local website and go into settings and tell it to check for updates and it pulls the latest one so it is on the network and getting out to the Internet. Better question is what caused the Astrobox to stop pulling a DHCP address to begin with. It was working great two days ago when I used it last and hadn’t touched it since. It’s almost like something took a update.

Matt

Interesting. Need to think about this. That’s a bit strange. @Josh or @Daniel – any ideas? :confused:

Is there any way to manually set the internet connection in Astroprint? Seems like it’s looking for a wifi adapter and not detecting that a wired Ethernet connection is available. I’m competent in using a text editor on a Linux system if there is a file somewhere that I can edit to set the connection type. I work on computers for a living so not afraid of troubleshooting and trying to figure this out. My other alternative is always a reinstall but I’d like to avoid that if possible as I will just have to do it again when astroprint is pi3 compatible.

Matt

Does this help? https://astroprint.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/207866186-Can-I-configure-the-Raspberry-Pi-network-myself-

1 Like

Thanks! I will give it a try when I’m at home tonight.

Matt

This got it. It now sees my wired network. thanks!

2 Likes

One of mine has just decided to do exactly the same. I can connect to it from a browser but says the device has no internet connection. Connecting via WiFi so clearly it sees the local network to allow me to connect to it via IP address. Very odd. It’s happened before and if I remember correctly I had to reinstall Astroprint. Very odd :frowning: