Official Raspberry Pi touch display support

Hi guys, absolutely love Astroprint. Just taken delivery of an official Raspberry Pi 7" touch display and was hoping I could just update then drivers and get full touch etc on the RasPi running Astroprint but it’s not proving as simple as that :frowning:

Is there any chance that you could add support for it now there is an official display solution. Would be great to load up the GUi for Astroprint and select queued items for print etc.

We certainly add this to the things that we want to do. In the meantime, have you seen the Adafruit project for this?

Yes but as far as I can see, they’re just using a Raspi to load the web page, not run Astroprint?

FWIW I’ve got the display working with basic touch control. Haven’t resolved the missing on-screen keyboard yet but with a browser installed I can now monitor prints on the screen of the Astroprint RPi which was the main wish.

It’s a cracking little screen for the money.

One last question, is Astroprint built upon standard Raspbian?

1 Like

that’s the way we would do it too. Basically launch the browser in full screen pointing to the astrobox webserver running on localhost.

The astrobox software on the raspberry pi does run on top of standard raspbian.

Thanks, have it all working now with touch and on-screen keyboard running. Boots up into the GUI so I can load up the browser and access the web server. Fab!

2 Likes

Hi Darren, could you write a simple tutorial for dummies? :slight_smile:

Sure, I’ll sort something out, give me a few days.

1 Like