Official RPI 7" Touchscreen Install

Has anybody gotten Astroprint to work on the 7 Inch Touchscreen? I have one lying around and want to use it for this.

I have the Raspberry pi 7 inch touchscreen also. The GUI appears to get disabled, and not usable, with the Astroprint install. I’ve tried several ‘suggested’ methods of firing up the GUI, but all have failed. Command prompt it is.

I use the official PI 7" touchscreen with one of my astroprint installs. I followed the steps on this page to install the GUI, I then installed Chromium to access the controls for Astroprint.

https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=133691

1 Like

I want to add to my post above. I do have the PI touchscreen working fine, but once I got it setup I find I don’t actually use it at all. I use Simplify3D as my slicer so I do everything from my computer, slice, upload to the PI and start the print. I used the touchscreen once when I hooked it up and that was all. I am probably going to remove it and use it for something else.

Forgot about this thread.I finally did get things to work,but after I did,I also really didn’t use it as much as I thought I would. it’s now been repurposed to display my media files for my home audio.

1 Like