Pause Settings PLEASE

When I pause my Folger Tech FT-5, it rapids back to X 0 Y0. After restart, it must be skipping or has slammed Y because it shifts the print by about 1mm in Y only. I would like to have it JUST move in Z so I can change filament. this would be much better than trying to change the filament at X 0 and Y 0. I also have a Rostock Max V2. Same thing there.Just about 50mm in Z would be just fine.

PLEASE HELP:disappointed:

Not sure if this applies but…

If you use Repetier Firmware (and I presume similar) then the behavior on pause is controlled by the firmware not so much the print driver. In Repetier if you use the online configuration app you can set what happens on pause by entering G-Code in the ‘Interface’ tab under ‘Pause Handling’ section…of course you will then have to recompile and upload the firmware to your printer. I would suggest moving the head up and then away from the print…It should not hit anything that way (assuming you don’t have multiple independent objects being printed) as the head will be above the last printed layer and moving to the side allows you to extrude some material without it touching the in progress print.

@Darren_DeVecchio that is exactly what our built-in pause sequence does.

@David_Budinich after pause you can use the control screen to move the head anywhere you like. Have you tried that?

Not the problem. I need to know the M or G code that Astroprint is using for pause. Moving it around is moot. It’s causing my printer to skip in Y axis either from the rapid move to or from Home position.

Here’s the function that handles the pause command: