Pre-Heat bed button

So this is maybe a silly little request but I think it would be handy to have on the main web dashboard a quick little “Bed Pre-Heat” button.

The temp could maybe be set in the printer configuration.

I find waiting for the bed to heat up a pain (If you don’t have to nurse-maid the first layer I guess you probably would not care but I often do this), and I often preheat the bed while I am importing a model or tweaking the slice profile. Currently I keep a window open to the local astrobox page where can drag up the temp before going back to set up the model but having a convenient button would save an open browser tab and a few mouse clicks.

2 Likes

This would be a good feature. If you miss to set manually the temperature using the control panel (manual preheat), when printing and the temperature is not ready , it would takes long time and sometimes it starts printing even thought the set temperature is not met.

I don’t think it’s silly at all. My printer has this option, why shouldn’t astrobox? Could even make it a smart button and if it doesn’t start a print within an hour of preheating, it could cool down again. But I would settle for a Preheat PLA/ Preheat ABS button to get the printer close while I prep a model.

I like that idea of an auto cool if no print is started in some reasonable time…maybe 30 minutes…or maybe a two stage cool…If I am heating the bed to 75c for PLA or 100c for ABS and don’t use it dropping it back to a more sane 50c if no print in 15 and power off in 30 might be nice…

I am sure this is not a huge issue for many people but I happen to have a HUGE heated AL plate and 1000W of heat, which you would think would heat up fast but not really…worse of course is cool down…as I impatiently wait for my latest work of art…sitting there stuck on the printer…A cool down button would be nice too…:)…actually I kinda have that in my stop code where the head lifts 20mm and the print fan runs up to full speed to try to cool the model and the print plate…but not sure that helps much…been thinking about a secondary fan to keep the heat circulated and then cool the bed when done…but then I want AstroPrint to control that too.