Printer randomly stops printing

Hi,

I have a k8200 printer connected to my raspberry pi 3 b, I use slic3r as my slicer.

Connected into my pi is the printer, creative labs chat hd camera, dongle for my rii i8s keyboard and a 3.5 inch touch screen.

The pi is powered using a 4m micro usb cable into a usb mains plug.

Now not on every print, it seems to be the longer prints, the printer pauses/stops printing during the print, sometimes I can press the pause and then resume and it carries on, the majority of the time when it happens I press pause and it tells me the astrobox has lost the connection to the printer.

I press the connect to printer button and it reconnects but I have to start the print again.

I tried a different mini usb cable to the printer and had the same issue.

The only other thing I can think is the pi isnt getting enough power using the 4m cable.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, everything is working great apart from this issue.

Please read this guide: https://astroprint.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001797403-Why-does-my-printer-disconnect-in-the-middle-of-a-print-

That cable seems a bit long.

Ive seen that guide, im going to try a dedicated power supply for the pi over a shorter distance, will also try a shorter cable to the printer…

From your experience would you say it is probably the cable length causing an issue.

Insufficient power amperage and cable quality/length are the two leading causes of communications errors (which cause print stops)

Ok, cheers, I will report back once I have tried the different cables.