Printing from Prusa Slicer to AstroBox

how do you print “directly” from Prusaslicer to Astrobox?
I have a Raspberry PI running astrobox software. Whether I use Cura or Prusaslicer, when my printer is connected to the RP (and not directly to the computer) I only get the option to save the file. Thanks in advance.

Assuming you’re running Prusaslicer (I think) 2.2 or above, you can create a Physical Printer by clicking on the cog icon next to the Printer drop down menu in the Print Settings pane.

In the dialog that pops up, select Host Type Astrobox and enter the IP address for your box, plus the API Key, which you can get from your Astrobox in the Settings/Software/Advanced section.

Now, whenever you select this Physical Printer in the Printer settings, after slicing you’ll see a new button that allows you to send directly to your Astrobox, right next to the Export G-code button.

Hope that helps

It sure helps! Thanks :pray:

I have followed your instructions to the letter (i think). My API key did not show up on my astrobox but I was able to get it from my online account and input it into prusaslicer ( ver. 2.7.1). However, whenever I try to test the connection, it gives me an error. it states " AstroBox: HTTP 401: Invalid API key
Note: AstroBox version at least 1.1.0 is required." . I just built my astrobox this week (01/24) and there are no updates available. What am I doing wrong?

Sorry but I can’t help. I gave up on Astroprint years ago when they stopped supporting the product. I now use PrusaConnect.