Problem with camera resolution

Hi everyone,

I’m posting this because I have a problem with my astrobox.

I have an astrobox touch with the last update installed my concern is that the video quality of the camera is horrible, very dark, bad resolution.

Impossible to set the resolution in the menu, I’m stuck in low, impossible to put a higher resolution, astrobox tells me that my camera is not HD compatible.

But my camera can go up to 1080p in 30fps.

My camera model is this:

Attached are two screenshots, one on the astrobox interface with my camera connected to astrobox and the other via my mac’s video application.

Who could help me?

Hi Ainboa,

I have the same issue. Did you end up figuring it out?

Thanks,
Rosa

For what it’s worth, I used to use a Raspberry camera but eventually gave up. Now I’m using a Wyze Cam. Okay, I have to use their app instead of Astroprint but I get 1080p video.

I’m having the same problem with several different USB cameras… logitech, generic chinese knockoffs, etc. All my issues are with the camera’s darkness which is always dim-grey. These cameras look great on mac/pc AND linux! so i can’t figure out what’s wrong here… it seems like Astrobox needs some camera brightness / contrast controls if it’s going to work so poorly by default for so many people/camera types.

@admins or @Daniel : suggestions please? I’m surprised that so many cameras, which otherwise work fine with the rasberry pi 4 I’m using, are having such a hard time here with brightness.

For reference, in a brightly lit bathroom, here’s what an image looks like out of a logitech camera that’s generally well supported by mac/pc/linux ( Logitech C920 ). It’s even on the official support list!

Note: running Astrobox 0.19(4) unmodified.

I was thinking about buying the touch software or a touch box… but if the camera support is like this… i’m not so sure…