Raspberry wifi dongle

Hallo i’m very curious to try your software it looks very nice!
I have a respberry model B with Asus wl-167g v3 dongle (chip realtek 8188su).
It work very good with raspbian and octoprint too, but astropi dont see it :frowning:
What i can try for make it work with your distro?
Thanks for your support and sorry for my bad english :smile:

You can login and add the drivers. The username and password is the same as in the regular raspbian distro. Otherwise you can use the one we recommend, it’s pretty inexpensive:

I enabled my WIFI dongle by logging in using an attached keyboard mouse and monitor then enabling the GUI by running sudo raspi-config, booting to the GUI and using the wifi tool to add my standard wifi dongle and connecting it to my wifi. I then disabled the gui by the same path as above and it remembers all the wifi settings.

Not very UNIXified I know but it works for an old Windows user. I am sure that there is a command line way of doing all of this but for me, life is just to short to spend time looking up the commands.

Mark

1 Like

I’ve got an Auspi Wifi Dongle, which I have used with Raspian and has worked fine.
But it doesn’t work on this.
I have tried using the Wifi GUI by logging in but it doesn’t give me any options.
I’ve also tried editing /etc/network/interfaces and wpa_supplicant to no avail.
I have continually tried, due to how great this software looks, but have unfortunately not been able to use it yet.
Any help is greatly appreciated!

We don’t have the resources to support all possible wifi dongles in the market. So we focus on the most popular and inexpensive wifi dongles made by Realtek. Different brands use this chipset but the one we use and test with is here: