Setup Help Needed

So here’s the deal RPi2 - v 8(3) - the recommended wifi dongle- Makerbot Replicator 2.

I can find the astrobox hotspot and sign up. On mobile (iPhone 6s), when I get to settings screen the only option available to me is to Setup Printer. The other buttons are locked up. Setup Printer hangs forever.

The other buttons available by PC so that’s what I do next after reflashing. Able to get through to Update Software. Then it hangs forever.

It’s still connected to the astrobox wifi, at this point. Eventually the site (10.10.0.1) times out. I can’t get back using that address or astrobox.local from the computer or mobile. Even if I switch back to my network, I can’t get either of those addresses to load.

At what point in this process is it supposed to switch over to my network and be available to everything on my network? Should I switch over manually before going to the Settings screen? Or is something else going on?

I feel like I’m close with this, just not sure what I’m doing wrong. All this is pre-setting up the printer, BTW.

Thanks,
Paul

1 Like

Hey Paul!

Sometimes the box updates but the progress bar “hangs”. If you refresh or reboot the box, has it updated to the latest version? (which is currently 0.8(7))[quote=“Paul_Malmont, post:1, topic:983”]
At what point in this process is it supposed to switch over to my network and be available to everything on my network?
[/quote]

As soon as you PAIR your local AstroBox with your AstroPrint.com cloud account. After that, you can access your AstroBox by going to your Astroprint.com Cloud Dashboard --> Monitor APP --> Launch AstroBox.

It looks like this:

I would try to UPDATE THE ASTROBOX to the latest version (via settings) BEFORE connecting to the printer. Are you able to do that?

Finally, make sure you have S3G selected from SETTINGS --> PRINTER PROFILE in your AstroBox.

Let me know :wink:

P.S: Also, not sure how relevant, but here’s an old thread about similar issues.

Thanks for the quick reply.
I’ve been trying to do the update before connecting the printer. I’ll reboot to see if it’s updated.
Meanwhile, I don’t seem to have the Monitor APP selection available on my dashboard. See attached image.

1 Like

Dude! It’s there! It’s the fourth one from the left! (Top Row) :wink:

Let me know if the update worked!