Sharing video stream

Hey everyone!

I’m new to the AstroPrint forums but have been using AstroPrint since August.

Anyways, ever since I’ve started 3D Printing, my friends have been interested in seeing the live footage of the print. I’d really like to see a way to share the live footage with other people. Maybe it could be password protected with a set password so nobody random could access it? I’m not entirely sure how something like this would be implemented, but I would like to hear what other people think.

Thanks for reading! :grin:

4 Likes

This is already in the development queue :slight_smile:

2 Likes

For now what I do is download the print capture to my Dropbox and share it from there. But I look forward to a built in feature. I would also like to see a bit more control of the snapshot interval.

I also have a standalone web cam. Which allows me to share a live feed. Might be nice to include a way to add that link as somehow shareable from Astro print. Just not sure how that would be implemented and be any better than my just texting the stream link.

Lastly a way to set the astrobox camera to auto capture as a default Maybe with a 72 hour retention so things don’t pile up. By this I mean if the user does take some action then the auto capture is removed. Maybe with a 24 hour before removal email being sent out.

1 Like

Sweet! Thanks for the reply, Daniel. Is there a chance we’ll be able to embed the stream into a website aswell?

What service do you use to share the livstream?

Yes, an auto capture would be very cool. The user could be able to set certain paramaters for the retention or removal email.

my bad, I don’t share LIVE streams from astrobox I simply download the recorded stream when it is complete and share the dropbox link for the video file. For live sharing I use a standalone web cam that has live streaming capabilities…It is not connected to the astrobox it simply points at the printer and streams the video using it’s built in web server. Mine is similar to the popular FosCams and clones.

1 Like

Thanks for the clarification. That sounds cool, I’ll be sure to check it out. Thanks! :slight_smile:

Hi Daniel, is the development queue availaable for view anywhere with ETAS?

i found it!

1 Like