Slicer Updates and Storage options?

Any news on if or when we will see cloud slicer updates?

Personally I use Slic3r Prusa Edition and it is definitely a step in the right direction though I think most of it’s goodness is being incorporated into the main slicer branch too.

And I know Cura has had some major updates as well…

I am loosing a major part of the value of AstroPrint because I have to use a stand alone slicer now for many prints just because they turn out better than with the older cloud slicer. But with no way to upload and keep my externally sliced g-code with the models I loose one of the best parts of Astroprint being web management of my files.

And while I am dreaming any chance we could upload gcode to the cloud some day and even better upload the original model files too…this would make things so much easier…

While I have the expanded astrobox service for those that don’t or just need more space than astroprint is set up to provide, maybe there is some way we could link the astroprint storage to dropbox or similar…would be awesome to have all the files in one spot and access the design from the CAD tool and save the stl direct to the dropbox/astroprint and then go to astroprint to slice (with the new slicers) or slice externally and place the gcode back in the drop box and have it all just magically appear in astroprint interface…ready to be sent to the astrobox for printing…

Thanks
Darren

We’re getting a lot of requests. I have started a system where requests can be upvoted. We will then take them up based on voting. Please add or upvote your most important requests here:

https://astroprint.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/community/topics/200094139-Feature-Requests