[SOLVED] Astrobox doesn't turn on heaters before begining to print

Hi, I’m fairly new to this, I just set up an astrobox today, and I’ve only had the printer for a few days, so I might be missing something obvious.

I did a test print of the lulzbot calibration stl file and I manually set the temperatures there, and everything went fine.

Then I tried out the dashboard and the thingiverse plugin. I picked out a model (https://www.astroprint.com/design/info/934de6bb-9b84-4087-925e-8f59c0770569) and clicked print now, and the printer quickly spun to life… but no filament came out. Then I noticed that the temperature wasn’t even set in the web ui, and the printer reported that it was set to 5° for both the nozel and bed and they were both basically room temperature.

My devices and my materials just list a “Taz 5” and “PLA -” with default settings on each (205° hot end /60° bed for the pla), which sounds good to me.

Is there an extra “heat up the bed” step that I missed or is this just a bug?

Update: I rebooted things and then tried again. In the second try I noticed an “Advanced Slicer Settings” link where the nozel and bed temperatures were both set to 0° - once I corrected that, it correctly heated up be bits before beginning to print.

This feels like a bug to me - the software already knows the correct temperature because of the material I selected - so the advanced settings should probably default to that.

1 Like

Hmm interesting. Yeah, the material temp settings should be the default, unless you accidentally checked the custom slicer settings or something.

Are you still experiencing this? What if you create a new printer/material profile?

Also, FYI, you should update your Astrobox software to the latest version and make sure your baud rate is set for 115200 :wink:

Yea, still experiencing it. I just tried again with a toy car model (https://www.astroprint.com/design/info/df1b95b6-445d-471f-b1ff-75f5d929917e)

I deleted and re-created my printer and material profiles with the default settings again. I updated astrobox before beginning yesterday, so its - v0.8(8) which seems to be the latest. The connection page says USB Device: Unknown, Baud Rate: 115200 - could that “Unknown” be the problem? Any other ideas?

Hi @Nathan , please try again. I have removed some zeroes from the TAZ 5 settings.

1 Like

Yes, that appears to have done the trick - thanks! I just did the same model again and now it has the temperature set correctly and appears to be heating up before printing.

2 Likes