[SOLVED] GCODE Upload Hangs at 98%

I’ve been trying to upload a gcode file that I sliced using simplify3d. Every time I try and upload it gets to 98% and then hangs, never to get further. Not sure what’s going on here.

If you’re logged in with an astroprint account, it is at that point that it’s trying to refresh the file list. It would make a request to the server to get any new cloud designs available for download. Is it possible that your box has trouble connecting to the internet?

You can send us logs via advanced settings and we can take a look to see if there are any more clues.

I’ve seen something similar in various places including uploading gcode and slicing mostly where there is a progress indicator. But for me it is only visual. The upload or whatever works and if I refresh I can see this (g code is harder since where the upload goes is not obvious) but the screen somehow gets stuck behind. Recently I’ve even had something like this while printing. Like the screen doesn’t do the last update or gets stuck. Using Mac0S with FireFox and Safari. Not sure if maybe it is one browser or the other. Doesn’t happen a lot and for me it is simple to get around so maybe totally different.

I have the same issue. If I reload the page, the file is there…

Seems like the browser is missing the completed event. I’m not sure why at this moment. Maybe a connectivity issue or a coding problem. I’ll see if I can reproduce it.

I have tried multiple times and it doesn’t happen to me :frowning:

I just sent in the logs from my astrobox in relation to the gcode hang. I explained it more depth the upload/failure process in the submitted log form

There’s no error in the log :grin: This is probably the finished event getting lost and the UI never knowing that the upload process ended. That why refreshing shows the file in there. I’ll keep investigating

Ha alright. That’s good I guess. I’ll let you know if the error pops up again

@M11, @Darren_DeVecchio I think I found something just wanted to confirm. Do you guys see this behavior when uploading via the upload button in the icon grid or the one in the files app?

That is a good question, I can’t be sure but I usually do everything from the file manager so I think it was probably from there… I will try to be careful to note this next time it happens.

I have only noticed the issue when uploading via the upload button on the dashboard.

Just had it happen from the dashboard…98%, waited several minutes before just going into the file manager to print.

Ok, the fix is implemented and it will appear in the next release: https://github.com/AstroPrint/AstroBox/issues/232

Awesome, Thank you !