[SOLVED] Unable to start the WebRTC system video streaming?

Hi, I also have the same problem of WebRTC crashing as soon as I try to start the stream. Taking pictures works fine. I’m using a raspberry pi camera v1.3.

1 Like

Hello same here, I’m able to take snapshot but totaly unable to start the rtsp server. I tried with Chrome, Chromium and Firefox, with raspberry pi cam, a logitech and a microsoft cam.

same issue :confused:

We’re working and a few bug fixes and improvements to the camera system to make it more robust. Upcoming release 0.10 will contain those.

We need a few weeks to complete, test and let it out

1 Like

Any beta releases? Sign me up if so.

hello i have same problem i can take photos but no video streaming
unable to start the webrtc system
ver: AstroBox-v0.9(5)
any help
thanks

i have same problem with c170 camera …

strange this is . if i visit my box local and try to stream i get the error .

but if i stream from astroprint.com the camera works .

I have this same issue with raspicam.

See my answer here: Raspberry Pi Camera Support [SOLVED]

I think it’s relevant

Yep. That appears to be the case. I think the lack of WebRTC support on iOS mixed with chrome being broken made me think it just didn’t work. Thanks!

I’m still having this problem. I just received my AstroBox yesterday 5/4/17, and I set it all up, including plugging in my brand new Logitech C615. I changed video format to VP8, and the message preparing video comes up, but I never actually get video. Using H264 format, I get the Unable to start the WebRTC system. What should I do ?

I’m using an iphone 6s to control my Astrobox.

@Lee_Reed live video won’t work on iOS yet. Chrome support is coming back when we release 0.10(8). Looking like this coming Monday (May 8th)

I’m hopeful that in the next couple days, this update will be announced! I do run Chrome browser on my iPhone. Would that make a difference?

0.10(8) is out now. iPhones won’t play WebRTC video, even on Chrome. It’s a limitation of the iOS system

That’s disappointing. There are bound to be lots of iOS Astrobox purchasers out there. I didn’t see the iOS limitation before I bought. I thought that buying the kit and recommended webcam I’d be set for remote control, but my -phone- is the limiting factor.
I will test through my laptop browsers. Hopefully my MacBook won’t have a similar problem.

We have an article here: https://astroprint.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/209139946-Browser-support-for-AstroBox-Live-Streaming

We also suffer from this limitation. Some things will happen in the future: a) Apple has said they’re working on support for WebRTC and b) we’re working on a native app which will include video support (though not in the first release).

1 Like

I cannot get a live stream. I am trying on brave browser and chrome browser, using a logitech c920. I get the astromonkey when i try to stream a print. whats odd is the stream works when i am not printing

This still hapenning some times, but usually i fix by restarting both the 3dprinter/astrobox and the computer. Im using the rpi official camera, 3mp version. Im not sure what is the cause, i couldn’t find much about this issue.

On firefox it works rarely see this issue, but on chrome it happens more, i’d say about 1 of every 10 prints.

I get problems all the time. If i connect via the astroprint cloud i can stream video in chrome and firefox, i can connect via the iPhone app and it also works but if i connect directly to my astro box or touch box the video streams fail every time.
One is running a pi cam the other is usb camera. It used to work perfectly before teh latest update. Not sure what i can do to fix. Any recommendations welcome

This is a known problem ( only happens with Chrome 74 or newer ). We’re working on a fix, in the meantime, you can use FireFox or Safari for example.