Starting GCode Change for using PrintinZ Build Plate

I found some starting gcode for simplify3d to home and auto level before heating the hot end and bed but it seems to be sinplify3d specific. I need to edit this code to work with astroprint. Can you gus help with this?
Robo 3D R1+ with Zebra PrintinZ build plate
Astroprint 0.9 on RPi 2

G28 ; home all axes
G1 Z5 F5000 ; lift Z by 5mm
M565 Z-0.8 ; set the offset for auto-leveling mechanism
G29 ; run auto-level

; This set of code is so that it autolevels before heating so that the BuildTek surface is not damaged
G1 Z5 F5000 ; lift Z by 5mm so it doesnt rest on the BuildTek while heating.
;M140 S[bed0_temperature] ; Set Bed Temperature
;M190 S[bed0_temperature] ; Wait for Bed Temperature
M104 S[extruder0_temperature] ; set extruder temperature .
M109 S[extruder0_temperature] ; set extruder temperature and wait for temp
1 Like

I was searching through this forum and found someone else’s start gcode for a LulzBot Mini. You’ll notice that the M109 and M104 variables are [print_temperature] for setting the nozzle temperature. What I have above is for simplify3D and obviously that uses a different variable for the temp than astroprint. Neither work for me. When I try to use either one, it homes and auto levels, but wont heat. The set and wait is recognized but I don’t think the variable is correct and therefore is not getting a temperature to set so it just keeps reading and waiting for temp to be reached with out any actual increase in temp.

1 Like

Here is what works for the start gcode when using a PintinZ Zebra Build Plate with the Robo 3D R1+.
G28 ; home all axes
G1 Z5 F5000 ; lift Z by 5mm
M565 Z-0.9 ; set the offset for auto-leveling mechanism
G29 ; run auto-level

; This set of code is so that it autolevels before heating so that the BuildTek surface is not damaged
G1 Z5 F5000 ; lift Z by 5mm so it doesnt rest on the BuildTek while heating.
M140 S{print_bed_temperature}; get bed temping up during first layer
M109 S{first_layer_temperature} ; set extruder temp and wait

2 Likes