Strange print failures

Hey all!

I’m having an odd issue, and I’m hoping that someone has seen this and knows why it’s happening.

I have had two prints stop on me mid-way through. The print pauses and the stepper motors disengage, but the extruder and table both stay at full temperature. When I look at the status online, it show that the printer is “connected” and “not ready”. I had to pull the plug to reset the unit to get it to respond again.

Also, online, the prints still show as in progress on my print history, with a yellow printer icon.

and interestingly, in the time lapse capture from the second attempt at the failed print, the video shows the failed print up to the failure point, then cuts to the second attempt at the print, which completed without issue.

What power supply do you have on your pi? Specifically what’s the amperage on it?

2.5 amp. I had failures when I first started with the astro print using a 1.0amp, and when I would log back in it would alert me that my device was not properly shut down. I then switched to the 2.5 and everything was fine until recently. Now when it fails it doesn’t show the improper shutdown notice, it just says the the device is online, but not ready.