Thermal runaway and other error detection?

Hi,

I recently optimized my thermal protection settings and in the process I trigger thermal runaway 10 min into a print.
While the firmware halted the print the cloud interface didnt even notice and showed normal printing operation not even a failed print.

I didnt look further into it and its possible that the interface was disconnected temporarily, but shouldnt the the cloud notify you when I reads these errors, maybe even send out an email and trigger shutdown itself?

Cheers

PS. does the astrocloud now support shutdown command? I read some threads on git about that but couldnt find anything official.

Logging and reporting error during prints is something we’ll add soon. The cloud currently closes completed and canceled prints. All others are left open and garbage collected about once a week ( the active print will eventually go away from your history ). This surely needs improvement and we are going to make it better.

GPIO and relay handling ( needed to remotely switch off your printer ) is a bit outside of the scope of our software. However we do plan to release a plugin interface for developers to offer these types of solutions.

Good to hear.

Ill try to reproduce the thermal runaway and keep and eye open for it.

As for as GPIO I learned that in the firmware (smoothie ware) there is already a safety routine that can control a relay and this relay reacts to the same gcode that can control the ATX power supplies.
Then we only need a slightly improved error reporting and we have a fully cloud controllable routine.