Trouble with rafts

Hi there! I’ve been using astroprint for a while and have encountered my first print that needed a raft. However, no matter what settings I use I cannot get the top layers to print solid like they did with Cura. they look MASSIVELY under extruded (the rest of the print comes out perfectly)

As well as this, I have it set to print two top layers on the raft; it only prints one and does it as if it’s printing square infill or support.

Anyone have any ideas on this? It’s genuinely the first issue I’ve encountered on this slicer.

We use Cura 15.04.6. Can you try the same settings on the desktop version to see if you get the same results? Otherwise you can also open a ticket with us so we can look deeper into your settings.

@Jonathan_O_Brien: If you can link me to the design and tell me the settings, I can also try to reproduce the issue on my Flashforge Creator Pro (for what it’s worth)…

A tweak you could try is decreasing retraction and/or retraction speeds.

Hi there! Sorry I took so long to get back to my own thread, I feel pretty rude.

I unfortunately cannot run the same settings in Cura ( I used that on my old laptop) but now I’m using a Chromebook. Every other aspect of this is excellent and works like a dream.

I’ve run different raft settings on different models and the problems seem to be 2 fold:

-I cannot get a solid surface on the raft, although I suspect that’s due to line spacing options?

• no matter how many surface layers I set, should it be 2, 3 or 4, they all print at the same Z height in different orientations, in the way it would print a grid infill or support. But even at 4 surface layers the Z height doesn’t increase.

The rest of the model prints perfectly, so I can’t imagine it’s retraction settings, I just cannot work it out. I’ll post a screenshot of my raft settings tomorrow as I’m typing from my phone, while watching another raft print in this manner

Link added showing the raft which prints looking super underextruded. I never have this problem on skirts or brims, so it’s not a bed levelling issue, though it certainly looks that way in the raft.
https://imgur.com/gallery/H8mu3