Updates & Apple watch/smart watch viewing

1. It would be awesome to get emails about prints in mid print. what i mean is to tell the astrobox to send a email with a pic when a print is 25% done, 50% done, 75% done and so on. this would help prevent print fails from wasting to much filament.
  2. also i don’t know how practical it would be but it would be so amazing to be able to prints on a smart watch. like just the current picture and temperatures.
2 Likes

I was just thinking about how cool a watch view would be the other day. :smile:

1 Like

I haven’t used a smart watch before, but what do they use for web browsing?

I don’t see why it couldn’t access Astroprint.com

My Apple watch doesn’t really have a browser. More like dedicated apps that display a minimum amount of web info formatted for the small watch display. There might be some scrolling for larger stuff like text content or email and swipes for paging like transitions. But for graphic content that doesn’t easily fit it refers you to the matching iPhone app ‘to see more’ which it can conveniently direct that app to the appropriate content by the time you dig it out of your pocket. But I’ll admit I am not a sophisticated watch user, it was a gift and I use it more as a convenience thing. Having an astroprint app that I could touch and see my print and a notification at fixed points with a photo pop up would be neat.

Sent from my iPhone

1 Like

It would be great to be able to receive notifications and to see how long left is on a print on my Apple Watch

just tried this on my gear s3. the browser works perfectly even for video. really small screen but pretty cool. going to try the local interface when i get home from work