V92 camera streaming issue

So v92 of Astrobox software is working okay, and the temp tracking is much improved, thanks!

My camera (a cheap thing but it worked with the rev8x) is still having an issue. It is much better than before and I have seen no actual errors or failures to capture an image, record a time lapse, or start a video, I have a recurring problem where the video stream just stops. Maybe it is only supposed to stream for a short time? If that is the case then it might be nice if the button to start the stream changed. I would prefer no time limit if that is reasonable…right now I start a stream it will show for a few seconds or minutes then at some point it just stops. This happens on WAN and LAN…and I think both from the web and from the local control pages. Everything appears to work just the video is frozen…clicking stop then start almost always gets it going again for however long it lasts.

I can send logs it that could help.

1 Like

A friend of mine has been having the same problem using a Logitech C920. I cannot stream as I use Safari, but that’s another matter.

Thanks Neil,

Good to know it is not just my setup.

I hear you about Safari. That is my preferred browser as well. Hopefully support is coming soon. In the mean time I use Firefox just for my printing needs. Works out okay if you just think of it as the printer application. :slight_smile:

This is not intended. The stream will stop if left unattended in a hidden tab but it shouldn’t if you’re looking at it.

Does it stop when you’re actively looking at it?

Re. Safari. Apple has announced that they’ll support WebRTC so we’ll be in better shape soon

Off topic but related :slight_smile:

I’ve added a WebRTC plugin to Safari but the video streaming in Astroprint still does not work. Is there something in Astroprint that needs to be changed to enable it?