Video streaming not working outside my network

Hi there guys!

I just installed Astroprint today (never ever used linux before) and I already have it up and running. But I found a little problem. I made a port forwarding in my router in addition with a ddns forwarding, and almost everything works just perfect both in my own LAN and over the internet. Everything but video streaming, which I can only use while I’m in the same network as the Astroprint server.

Anyone else had this problem before?

DUDE.

You don’t need to do all of that.

Just pair your AstroBox with your cloud account and you’ll be able to monitor your printer from anywhere.

*In order to do this, click on the ROCKET ICON on the top right corner of your AstroBox Settings.

The entire point of Astroprint (and the AstroBox) is to PREVENT you from mucking around with technical stuff like ddns/port forwarding etc…

Let me know if that makes sense :slight_smile:

Thanks for the answer Dilanka :slight_smile:
I know that’s one of the points of Astroprint, but the way I’m doing it, I would be supossed to be able to keep going even if Astroprint’s cloud service goes down.
I didn’t mean to complain about this. As I said, I managed to make it work with no hassle even if I’m not an expert. I just was curious if someone else tried the same and had the same problem :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Ah ok. Well, the video streaming utilizes WebRTC, so my best guess is that you are interrupting it’s communications somehow with the way you are forwarding traffic.